Inside Sales Representative - (Cloud Store Team) at Rafter, Inc. in San Mate...
Rafter, Inc., the leading course materials management platform, lowers the cost of education by providing colleges and universities with much needed tools to manage the rapidly changing world of course materials on campus. To learn more visit www.rafter.com and watch our video. Rafter evolved from BookRenter.com, the first online textbook rental site, launched in 2008 with a mission to make education more affordable by allowing students to rent textbooks for up to 80% off the retail price. Rafter is one of the few private ed tech companies that is truly lowering the cost of higher education for students. By working directly with more than 300 schools to turn the painful and archaic process of managing course materials into a low cost, student-centric service, Rafter has saved students more than $240m. By taking an enterprise approach to course materials management, the Rafter Course Materials Network takes a more holistic approach that provides colleges and universities with a path to discover, adopt, distribute and manage physical and digital course materials. 500+ schools run on Rafter!
Inside Sales Representative - Client Services (Cloud Store Team)
We are looking for an Inside Sales Representative, to work on the Rafter Cloud Store team, who has the entrepreneurial desire to help develop their own business and to grow and support Rafter’s B2B business through lead generation and the acquisition of new school partnerships.
For the first 6-12 months, this individual’s primary responsibilities will be to develop leads and to grow a pipeline of prospect schools to hand off to the Outside Sales team for closing. As this individual grows within their role, they will not only be responsible for developing leads, but will also be required to close their own deals. We want a self starter that recognizes the potential of the role and the Cloud Store Segment of Rafter.
This individual will have proven experience hunting and targeting segments to generate leads.
This position will be based in our San Mateo, CA headquarters, and will report to the Director of Strategic Partnerships.
- National sales outreach, cold calling into prospective partners
- Make contact with prospective and existing customers via telephone
- Scheduling online and in person meetings with VP & C-level prospects for Outside Sales team
- Online demonstrations of company products and services
- Report against specific performance metrics and goals
- Meet and exceed sales and productivity targets
- Close interaction with Outside Sales Team
- To take ownership of a plan in order to meet goals and individual quota
- Maintain an up-to-date level of product and procedural knowledge regarding the Rafter Cloud Store program
- Manage all opportunities within SalesForce.com
- Some Account Management and daily execution of a select portfolio of schools
- Some Account retention
- Some travel – 5-10% may be required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years related work experience
- Excellent Written/Verbal communication skills
- Higher Education and K-12 market experience is a major plus
- Positive, can-do attitude and sense of humor are both absolutely required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile, startup environment
- Regularly review and update outside side sales and Director of Strategic Partnerships on active opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate our product and services via the Web and conference call
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and the chance to improve the lives of millions of students!
Read more about our success.
Rafter Experiences 1,400 Percent Annual Revenue Growth in On-Campus Commerce -
To learn more about Rafter, visit us on the web at www.rafter.com.