Director of Marketing Communications - Contract at Rafter, Inc. in San Mateo, CA
Rafter, Inc., the leading course materials management platform, lowers the cost of education by providing colleges and universities with much needed tools to manage the rapidly changing world of course materials on campus. To learn more visit www.rafter.com and watch our video. Rafter evolved from BookRenter.com, the first online textbook rental site, launched in 2008 with a mission to make education more affordable by allowing students to rent textbooks for up to 80% off the retail price. Rafter is one of the few private ed tech companies that is truly lowering the cost of higher education for students. By working directly with more than 300 schools to turn the painful and archaic process of managing course materials into a low cost, student-centric service, Rafter has saved students more than $240m. By taking an enterprise approach to course materials management, the Rafter Course Materials Network takes a more holistic approach that provides colleges and universities with a path to discover, adopt, distribute and manage physical and digital course materials. 500+ schools run on Rafter!
Director of Marketing Communications
- Develop, guide, and communicate the external and internal messaging and positioning of Rafter and its various offerings. Align with product and service teams to ensure a cohesive corporate messaging structure.
Devise and execute Rafter’s corporate communications and public relations strategy, including managing PR a team of marketing experts responsible for marketing communications and campaign including:
- Public relations – media relations, blog/social, thought leadership, contributed content, speaking and awards.
- Events – industry events, Rafter led events, industry events/panels and others
- Advertising and awareness marketing – develop and execute programs to create awareness for Rafter and its offerings among core audiences.
- Demand Generation – lead generation, demand nurturing to core audiences including content development.
- Customer Programs – advisory and reference programs, customer communications, and “through marketing” to students of campus partners.
- Marketing Materials - oversight and execution of company marketing materials, whitepapers, and other corporate content.
- Be the “brand expert” – manage and maintain a high level of quality around the Rafter brand both internally and externally by monitoring other departments’ use of the brand, (logo/image as well as corporate messaging) and ensuring consistency and accuracy.
- Lead consistent communication between Corporate Marketing and other departments to ensure communications and business objectives are aligned
- Maintain Rafter's corporate web presence, including design and content
- Design and execute thought-leadership strategies and programs
- Manage and execute internal marketing and corporate communications
- Manage the corporate marketing budget
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years marketing experience, specifically in Corporate Marketing and communications.
- Experience managing agencies, PR firms, and other external consultants
- Experience and understanding of higher education technology market
- Excellent communication, written and organizational skills
- Detail oriented; possess multi-tasking and proactive problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding and affinity for working with sales, product management, and executive teams
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and the chance to improve the lives of millions of students!
Read more about our success.
Rafter Experiences 1,400 Percent Annual Revenue Growth in On-Campus Commerce -
To learn more about Rafter, visit us on the web at www.rafter.com.