Customer Success Associate at Rafter, Inc. in San Mateo, CA
Rafter, Inc., the leading course materials management platform, lowers the cost of education by providing colleges and universities with much needed tools to manage the rapidly changing world of course materials on campus. To learn more visit www.rafter.com and watch our video. Rafter evolved from BookRenter.com, the first online textbook rental site, launched in 2008 with a mission to make education more affordable by allowing students to rent textbooks for up to 80% off the retail price. Rafter is one of the few private ed tech companies that is truly lowering the cost of higher education for students. By working directly with more than 300 schools to turn the painful and archaic process of managing course materials into a low cost, student-centric service, Rafter has saved students more than $250m. By taking an enterprise approach to course materials management, the Rafter Course Materials Network takes a more holistic approach that provides colleges and universities with a path to discover, adopt, distribute and manage physical and digital course materials. 500+ schools run on Rafter!
Customer Success Associate
The Customer Success Associate primary responsibility is to drive usage of the Rafter Platform by continuously assessing stores’ needs and offering the best Rafter technology solution. Deployment, on-boarding, adoption, renewal and relationship management, will be key to the AM’s success.
The CSA will also support Sales, Product, and Marketing to ensure long term success with new store programs building on Rafter’s brand as the preferred technology partner of choice.
The CSA must be comfortable working with various levels of individuals within the store, from associates to directors.
This position reports to the Director of Stores & Customer Success.
- Working with stores on deployment and utilization of programs that will help drive more success for their businesses.
- Supporting sales, Product and Marketing to ensure long term success with new store programs building on Rafter’s brand as the preferred technology partner.
- Follow up with stores on the deployment of specific programs designed to drive more business to their store and increase customer satisfaction
- Respond to stores’ inquiries; research, resolve, and follow up on store questions
- Partner with the stores support team to handle stores’ requests in a timely fashion
- Assess store needs and provide appropriate recommendations and solutions
- Document processes to help streamline implementations and support growth in the organization
- Assist the Sales and Marketing departments with short- and long-term projects that will ultimately drive the success of the tores
- Communicate effectively with stores via email and telephone
- Attend and participate in professional meetings and trade seminars as assigned.
- Complete records, reports, and documents as required.
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Provide account administration including note taking,
- Coordinate meeting logistics
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- 2 year minimum account management, implementation, customer success, or related experience
- Presentation skills (powerpoint, webinars)
- Possesses excellent communication, collaboration, customer service and superior interpersonal skills
- Very strong attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile, passionate startup environment
- Positive, can-do attitude and sense of humor are both absolutely required
- Excellent multi-task, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Self-driven to achieve goals; high energy level is essential; dedicated work ethic a must.
- Must be willing to work OT, long hours and put in as much time as needed to get the job done
- Solid Microsoft Office skills.
- Salesforce experience a plus
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and the chance to improve the lives of millions of students!
Read more about our success:
Rafter Experiences 1,400 Percent Annual Revenue Growth in On-Campus Commerce:
To learn more about Rafter, visit us on the web at www.rafter.com.