Customer Service Supervisor at Rafter, Inc. in San Mateo, CA
Rafter, Inc., the leading course materials management platform, lowers the cost of education by providing colleges and universities with much needed tools to manage the rapidly changing world of course materials on campus. To learn more visit www.rafter.com and watch our video. Rafter evolved from BookRenter.com, the first online textbook rental site, launched in 2008 with a mission to make education more affordable by allowing students to rent textbooks for up to 80% off the retail price. Rafter is one of the few private ed tech companies that is truly lowering the cost of higher education for students. By working directly with more than 300 schools to turn the painful and archaic process of managing course materials into a low cost, student-centric service, Rafter has saved students more than $250m. By taking an enterprise approach to course materials management, the Rafter Course Materials Network takes a more holistic approach that provides colleges and universities with a path to discover, adopt, distribute and manage physical and digital course materials. 500+ schools run on Rafter!
Customer Service Supervisor
At Rafter-BookRenter.com, our customers are our #1 priority. A Customer Service Supervisor is an individual who is upbeat and able to maintain a positive communication style with customers and team members at all times. This person must display sound judgment in the daily decision making process so as to enforce the notion of credibility and reliability from the agents. He or she must lead by example, put the interest of customers, the organization, and the department first. In this role the Supervisor will be expected to have a flexible schedule that can be adjusted on short notice to meet the department’s needs. Overtime, including 6-7 days a week at times, and perfect attendance are mandatory.
The CS Supervisor is a front-line leader who manages the activity of the Customer Satisfaction team, their daily performance, for both the in house contact center as well as ALL outsourced centers. This requires that the Supervisor be able to travel to the vendor’s location on short notice and spend weeks at a time on site managing the campaign. The Supervisor will assist and support the Customer Satisfaction Director and Manager. He or she will be responsible for achieving departmental quality, schedule adherence, and individual and team performance. The Supervisor will also work diligently to ensure that the department is meeting Customer Satisfaction targets and budgetary goal. He or she is the central source of information and communication for employees and must be viewed as a reliable and credible leader.
- Manage agent schedule, performance, and staffing to ensure we are meeting our service levels
- An expert understanding of call center dynamics and real time floor management
- Remaining engaged both within the CS Management team, with the agents, and with the rest of the organization. This means actively contributing with initiatives as well as in meetings
- Maintaining a positive and nurturing behavior at all times
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that foster team atmosphere
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to meet all deadlines
- Partnering with the Director and Manager of Customer Satisfaction to meet and exceed the weekly and exceed daily CS team goals
- Working closely with the Director and Manager of Customer Satisfaction to ensure that CS meets its budgetary goals
- Managing interdepartmental requests
- Ensuring consistency in training and documentation year round
- Coaching and mentoring in house and outsourced staff for all co-sourced centers
- Participating in planning cycle for peak times – includes process creation and review
- Initiating and making improvement recommendations regarding processes, policies, and procedures
- Ensuring that all agents adhere to departmental policies and procedures
- Handling customer escalations and executive complaints as needed
- Acquiring expertise in Customer Satisfaction tools within 6 months of employment as a Supervisor
- Managing Customer Satisfaction Tools (ZenDesk, WIKI, OPS, CS Documentation)
- Monitoring daily workload and performance
- Adding and editing responses/FAQ in ZenDesk and Chat Program
- Any and all other duties that may be assigned by Director and Manager of Customer Satisfaction
- Managing communication and providing educational material to the training material
- Proactively alerting the Director of CS and Manager when performance is below expectation
- Reporting performance to CS Management. This includes customer pain points and areas of opportunity
- Creating and maintaining FAQs, canned responses, etc.
- Developing policies
- Requires 3+ years’ experience in a call center with minimum of one year in a supervisory role; BA/BS strongly preferred and able to quickly acquire and demonstrate proficiency in all customer satisfaction tools within 6 months of assuming supervisory role
- Excellent customer service skills, including maintaining focus on customer’s issue amidst a bustling, fast-paced environment and to resolution
- Follow up and follow through to ensure a level of service that guarantees an outstanding customer experience.
- Ability to engage with the CS Management team, CS agents, and with the broader organization by proactively contributing to departmental initiatives and meetings
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed and upon request with minimum notice and ability to maintain exceptional attendance
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment as well as independently and able to maintain a positive and nurturing behavior at all times
- Excellent interpersonal skills that foster team atmosphere and ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor when faced with high demand, high volume workloads
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to consistently meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities
- Results oriented and self-disciplined
- Ability to travel to all vendor locations for several weeks at a time on short notice to support peak season.
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and the chance to improve the lives of millions of students!
Read more about our success:
Rafter Experiences 1,400 Percent Annual Revenue Growth in On-Campus Commerce:
To learn more about Rafter, visit us on the web at www.rafter.com.