Analytics Manager at Rafter, Inc. in San Mateo, CA
Rafter, Inc., the leading course materials management platform, lowers the cost of education by providing colleges and universities with much needed tools to manage the rapidly changing world of course materials on campus. To learn more visit www.rafter.com and watch our video. Rafter evolved from BookRenter.com, the first online textbook rental site, launched in 2008 with a mission to make education more affordable by allowing students to rent textbooks for up to 80% off the retail price. Rafter is one of the few private ed tech companies that is truly lowering the cost of higher education for students. By working directly with more than 300 schools to turn the painful and archaic process of managing course materials into a low cost, student-centric service, Rafter has saved students more than $250m. By taking an enterprise approach to course materials management, the Rafter Course Materials Network takes a more holistic approach that provides colleges and universities with a path to discover, adopt, distribute and manage physical and digital course materials. 500+ schools run on Rafter!
We are seeking a hands-on Analytics Manager who is looking for an opportunity to manage our 60M & growing inventory portfolio, and drive actionable insights for a fast-growing, dynamic company. Inventory being the focal asset at Rafter, you will be at the center of various cross-functional workstreams with Finance, eCommerce, Operations, Supply, Biz Dev, Engineering, Product, and Sales. And point owner who the business leads looks to for various buy/sell lists to transact on, manage the tradeoff between inventory & business KPIs, and running analyses, scenario plans, and reports to help chart our course. If you’re looking for a position where you can roll up your sleeves, play a pivotal role and make a significant impact, you’re in the right place.
- Manage and track central inventory pool – ins, outs and re-commits. Build a dynamic fact base
- Help dissect pools of inventory assets, and optimize tradeoff between ROI, cash, margin, and growth. Develop a point of view with a defensible strategy and be able to guide the business
- Operationalize and automate inventory analytics around utilization, duration, ROI, price yield, supply cost, liquidation and obsolescence for multiple inventory cohorts – existing, acquired, virtualized
- Create and operationalize dashboards around inventory key performance indicators
- Produce various inventory buy lists – quantity & price – per popularity, age and market liquidity signals
- Produce various liquidity lists per channel specific needs & constraints and refine boundary conditions – B2C, B2B, stores wantlisting, repo
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders to understand inventory requirements & constraints
- Partner closely with engineering and product teams in pushing and helping drive automation of repeat complex tasks
- Own daily asset performance reporting rhythm during peak season
- Pull data using SQL queries and drive various Excel based analyses
- Help with scenario planning and building, maintaining & extending financial models
- Ability to formulate hypotheses, probe for root cause, and identify key drivers
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, science, business, or related field. Masters preferred
- 5+ years experience in financial analysis, management consulting, asset/ portfolio management or retail
- Demonstrated analytical skills; experience as heavy duty analyst
- Proven ability to partner with business and act as ‘consultant’
- Attention to detail, ability to think through concepts, and problem solve
- Willingness to roll up sleeves, dive into detail, and swim in data
- Ability to work with large datasets
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Proven ability to work effectively and deliver results in startup-like environments lacking enterprise scale data warehouse and big company resources
- Excel power user; know how to maximize analysis time instead of waiting for processing & refresh
- Raw intelligence / horsepower. Fast learner
- Can-do attitude and flexibility
- Willingness to flex, turn on a dime, and effect change in a very high throughput environment
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate and defend point of view
We offer competitive salary, benefits, and the chance to improve the lives of millions of students!
Read more about our success.
Rafter Experiences 1,400 Percent Annual Revenue Growth in On-Campus Commerce -
To learn more about Rafter, visit us on the web at www.rafter.com.