Soccer (World Football) Transfer Writer at Bleacher Report in New York, NY
Bleacher Report, one of the largest sports websites in the U.S., is looking for a talented and experienced world football (soccer) writer to cover the summer transfer market as we expand our coverage of the world’s most popular sport.
Writer will be responsible for covering specific clubs or leagues and must be willing to work hard to do so in a comprehensive, effective and entertaining fashion.
This position is a freelance/contract role (without benefits) that will include working 40 hours a week. Nearly all work will be done remotely.
A qualified candidate will:
- Possess an extensive knowledge of both soccer (all leagues around the world) and pop culture.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills. Be able to get your point across quickly without being long-winded.
- Be savvy on the Internet. It’s extremely important the candidate is well versed both in the world of Internet sports and publishing on the Web. A major part of this role will be publishing rich, engaging, multimedia content—prose packaged with photos, videos, graphics, polls, tweets and the like.
- Be organized with the ability to work quickly under a deadline.
- Always be tracking sports news and be on-call to help cover breaking news.
- Be comfortable working remotely, staying in touch via e-mail, chat, Skype and phone.
To apply for the position, please fill out the appropriate form and attach cover letter, resume and writing samples.
Please mention which teams and leagues you’re most comfortable writing about and detail your experience in writing about them.
Again, this is a 40-hour-a-week contract position. No benefits are included. Start date is as soon as possible.
We will contact you to discuss the role and schedule an interview if you seem like a good fit.
*If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Bleacher Report hires the candidate.