Lead Writer at Bleacher Report in San Francisco, CA
Bleacher Report, one of the five largest online sports networks in the U.S., is seeking high-energy writers to drive the site's coverage of the most popular teams and topics. Each Lead Writer will be responsible for a particular sport or league, providing opinion and news -- and building a reader community using the short-form blogging style. The best candidate will have a track record of creative, authoritative sportswriting and experience in using various media, including video. Targeted areas of expertise include NFL, college football, NBA, NHL, Soccer, MLB, UFC, WWE, college recruiting, fantasy sports and sports media.
- Clean, clear, creative, persuasive writing.
- Technically versatile and savvy enough to create content for different formats, devices and media, including video.
- Track record of knowledgeable, engaging, timely coverage of one of these leagues or topics: NFL, college football, MLB, NHL, NBA, UFC, WWE, soccer, college recruiting, fantasy sports or sports media.
- Strong familiarity with top sources of sports opinion and information.
- Ability to produce 5-9 daily blog posts on a topic with varying lengths and content styles.
- Enthusiastic commitment to staying on top of sports news, gossip and controversy.
- Available to provide steady stream of content 5-7 days per week, depending on season.
- Always tracking sports news, and on-call for breaking news.
- Comfortable working remotely, staying in touch via e-mail, chat, text and phone.
- One-year contract, with monthly stipend and opportunity for extension.
- Those who excel in the position will be considered for full-time employment opportunities at Bleacher Report.
Start date/Application deadline:
- Apply now. Start date varies according to position.We will contact qualified applicants.
- Bleacher Report is not accepting resumes or referrals from agencies.
If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Bleacher Report hires the candidate.