QA Engineer at Bitcasa in Mountain View, CA
Come join the Bitcasa team!
Take advantage of an amazing opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing start up company. Work in a laid back environment that offers magnificent perks including daily catered lunch, a prime location on Castro street, and of course, an all-star team.
Bitcasa is the personal app that offers access to an Infinite Drive across all devices with support for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Windows RT.
Users never have to worry about running out of disk space again. They can save, access, and share an unlimited number of documents, pictures, music, and movies from any device. Everything is encrypted locally and backed up in the cloud, so user data is always safe and secure.
Bitcasa was founded by former Mastercard and Mozy employees and backed by top-tier investors, including Horizons Ventures, First Round, CrunchFund, Pelion Venture Partners, Samsung Ventures, and Andreessen Horowitz.
The ideal candidate lives and breathes test automation. Rather than doing the same manual process over and over, this person seeks out strategies and technologies to automate tedious tasks out of their everyday life. You will also operate and master the test systems used to explore and validate the functional correctness and performance capabilities of the Bitcasa systems, infrastructure, and third party integrations.
- Collaborates with project owners and other stake holders to ensure systems and documents are developed according to SDLC requirements.
- Explore QA practices and processes and develop improvements in these areas
- Create test plans and test cases according to specifications
- Execute tests, analyze data, and report the information to development teams
- Track issues and help drive to closure
- Maintain ownership of testing areas and give final ‘sign off’ when ready for production
- Work directly with development and support teams.
Education and Work Experience
- 4+ years of Software Quality Assurance
- Hands on expertise in functional / manual testing, with exposure to automation testing and tools
- Previous experience with cloud related products is a plus
- Mac OS knowledge on heavy-user level is a plus
- Experience in testing mobile native app is a plus
- Experience in testing a Desktop application is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC, QA processes and tools like Jira
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- A working knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, analytical, and willing to learn new skills