Technical Support Specialist at Bitcasa in Mountain View, CA
Technical Support Specialist
Do you like solving problems? Are you an analytical thinker with a knack for non-linear logic? Do you enjoy interacting with people?
We are seeking a Technical Support Specialist (Level 1) to provide world-class support to customers on Bitcasa's applications (web, desktop, mobile) through a variety of channels including email, chat, and phone. You enjoy interacting with customers, identifying new and creative ways for customers to use Bitcasa, and finding solutions to tough issues. You will be working with Technical Support Engineers (Level 2) to resolve technical issues and provide customer insights to management.
- Provide awesome support to Bitcasa customers worldwide.
- Think outside of the box and find creative ways to solve customer problems.
- Answer and process billing-related inquiries such as cancellations, refunds, updating billing information, exceeding storage limits, etc.
- Provide basic troubleshooting and replication on technical issues, escalating more complex issues and bugs to Level 2.
- Act both as a support representative and consultant for a variety of subjects related to the Bitcasa web, desktop, and mobile applications.
- Effectively articulate complex information to both technical and non-technical customers.
- Identify opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and retention.
- Maintain and track detailed records for all customer interactions using Zendesk (our CRM tool).
- Author FAQ articles, post topics in the community forum, develop engaging video tutorials, etc.
- Have fun!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- 1+ years of customer support experience at an Internet company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- A passion for helping and delighting customers.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iPhone/iPad (iOS).
- Familiarity with Zendesk or Salesforce.com a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting network-related issues including capturing and analyzing network traces a plus.
- Must be a good listener, creative, intuitive, resourceful and able to resolve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, self-starter, and team player.
What you need to do to apply
Fill out the application form and use the cover letter area to win us over. We receive a ton of resumes everyday and we want to see how each applicant set themselves apart from the rest. Tell us where you've been, what you're doing, and where you're going. Give us a clear view of your technical skills, and tell us why you want to work at Bitcasa. Include some quick product feedback as well. Let us know what you like, and tell us what needs work.
If you apply, make sure you want to be a part of the team and show us you're serious. Be creative, candid, and sincere. Resumes are great, but don't make it the center of your application. We're not keen on bullet points or boring job titles.