Ruby on Rails Developer at BillFloat in San Francisco, CA
BillFloat / MoreTimeToPay (MTP) Inc. is a web and mobile technology company that provides a secure platform for delivering real-time purchase and payment flexibility to consumers in-store, online or via mobile. Backed by leading venture investors and PayPal, the MTP platform connects lenders with service providers and retailers whose customers need or want more time to pay.
MTP’s first implementation is the consumer branded BillFloat payment option, which gives service providers’ customers more time to pay recurring bills and avoid late fees and service disruptions. BillFloat.com reaches 100 million consumers through partnerships with more than 2500 leading providers of car financing, cable, insurance, telephone, utility, sanitation, satellite TV, self-storage, and retail services. The BillFloat payment option is available on billers’ websites and through financial services partners, including prepaid and debit card issuers, payroll services, walk-in payment centers, and the billfloat.com website.
Two additional products, PayLater and Pay&Lease give consumers more time to pay for high-value items, such as smartphones. Online and other retailers can offer simple installment plans or lease-purchase options to expand their customer base, build revenue, and increase customer loyalty.
BillFloat / MTP, Inc. was launched in 2009 by a team of experienced financial services professionals. The company is backed by PayPal, the global leader in online payments, as well as leading venture firms including First Round Capital, Venrock, PayPal, SoftTech VC, Baseline Ventures and SV Angel. MTP, Inc. is privately held and based in San Francisco, California.
What You’ll Do
- Build the next generation of our products impacting the lives of people in a meaningful way
- Use the latest web application development tools in a Rails stack
- Work closely with other developers, QA engineers, and product management in an agile environment
- Develop using TDD with RSpec/Cucumber
- Work on a complex Rails application with the security required of a financial services company
- Significant Ruby on Rails knowledge and experience
- Current front end web application skills (Backbone, bootstrap, HTML5, etc.)
- Pragmatic. You know how to balance tradeoffs in design and implementation
- Want to work in a dynamic early stage company and can make an impact in a small team
- Believe in testing your code
- Comfortable with Unix based systems
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience
- Mobile as well as web development experience
- Technical leadership and can mentor others
- Web development in languages other than Ruby
- A github account containing open source contributions
- Devops experience helping to support a large application
- 2+ years of experience, peferably at an early stage company
- Have worked on larger projects in a team setting