Executive Assistant at Benetech in Palo Alto, CA
Benetech, a prominent silicon valley nonprofit, was founded in 2000 with an explicit goal to create new technology solutions that serve humanity and empower people to improve their lives. Led by Jim Fruchterman, a prominent social entrepreneur and MacArthur Fellow, Benetech’s mission is to lead the world in creative, effective applications of technology to unmet social needs. We focus on projects that offer the greatest social return on funds invested.
As the executive assistant to the GM & VP of Literacy Programs, VP of Development & Communication and VP of Human Resources, you will handle a wide variety of administrative duties and special projects. Responsibilities will involve representing Benetech's social mission by handling confidential information, creating reports, assisting with public speaking and other communications, scheduling meetings and preparing agendas, responding to correspondence, drafting documents and doing research
You will be expected to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in completing assignments. Benetech's team is extremely digitally savvy and works with leaders in many fields: we need someone who can solve problems and communicate well to venture capitalists and social entrepreneurs, Capitol Hill staff and human rights activists, the press and parents of children with disabilities, vendors and partners. If you can balance these different groups with both heart and mind, you should join our team!
Please make sure to include a cover letter with your application.
- Five or more years related executive administrative experience
- Personal belief in the Benetech mission
- Creative problem solving ability
- A sense of ownership for the success of the individuals you support and their teams
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member with minimal directionExcellent organizational skills,people skills, communications and writing ability, and strong computer and database skills
- Familiarity or experience in high-tech, start-up or nonprofit environments
20 days of Paid Time Off plus 10 paid holiday days!
Employee bonus plan
401(k) plan with company match of 50% on the first 4% of salary deferral
Educational reimbursement – up to $1,500 per year for qualified coursework
Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
Headquartered next to Caltrain Station on California Av in Palo Alto
Sleep at peace every night knowing that you are building something great for humanity!