Senior Designer/Art Director at Bedrocket Media Ventures in New York, NY
Bedrocket Media Ventures is a new media company with 4 channels that are a part of the Google/YouTube original programming initiative.
Bedrocket’s creative services team is looking for a senior designer / art director with extensive experience in motion graphics, print and digital. If you are a visual communicator that thrives in dynamic and evolving environments, knows how to handle an occasional curveball, consumes pop culture, keeps an eye on trends and knows how to convey an idea, we’d like to hear from you. Varied experience is important - portfolios should feature a wide range of solutions for all mediums.
Summary of responsibilities: Provides exceptional design for Bedrocket Media. Collaborates with key staff to maintain consistencies and efficiencies in the creative services and marketing departments. Researches and stays up to date on current design trends. Monitors deadlines, provides quality assurance and ensures projects are delivered within scope.
- Bachelor degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years solid experience working in a professional, multi-client environment, designing and producing traditional and new media graphics.
- Experience leading design production
- Sophisticated, contemporary design sense
- Well-versed at presenting ideas
- Assertive approach, keen attention to detail, stellar service skills and the ability to remain calm and productive under tight deadlines
- Skill sets: Proficient in AfterEffects, Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign. Bonus points for Cinema 4D, Flash, Dreamweaver and basic HTML. Self Direction, Clear Written and Verbal Communication
- Adept at managing multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced environment
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently and with key team members to determine project objectives, define aesthetics, and define design, production and / or animation scope and needs
- Visually interpret creative briefs – create storyboards and/or style boards
- Plan, schedule, and manage all graphic elements required to complete jobs according to budget and time parameters, and according to aesthetic requirements and technical specs
- Present storyboards and host graphic reviews with the job team
- Orient and manage freelance Designers, ensuring that Bedrocket’s standards of efficiency, accuracy, and quality are met
- Pro-actively offer support, insight, and suggestions to staff and job teams
- Collaborate with key staff on maintaining consistencies and efficiencies in the creative services department
- Collect and organize all project files upon completion of assigned job and archive according to Bedrocket’s archiving procedures
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Please submit cover letter, resume and a link to your online portfolio. Bedrocket is an equal opportunity employer.