Lead Software Developer at Bedrocket Media Ventures in New York, NY
Bedrocket Media Ventures is a disruptive media company looking to change the way people discover and consume great entertainment in the cloud. Our platforms are not only revolutionizing the way entertainment is created and distributed, we’re also inventing new forms of interactive programming that will drive the future of video storytelling. We’re a fast-growing, venture backed company that was founded by the co-founder of Huffington Post and the founder of multiple successful cable networks, and we’re building a radical team of creative thinkers and expert doers who are passionate about pioneering a truly new model for media.
Are you an amazing developer of web products? Do you love making beautiful, responsive applications? Are you a hacker that gets excited about finding the most elegant solutions to complicated problems? If you are a developer who thrives in a collaborative atmosphere, enjoys dynamic and evolving environments, knows how to handle an occasional curveball, and gets excited about building a new product, we want to hear from you!
- Self motivation and the capability to operate independently
- Work closely with designers to efficiently plan, implement, and test new features with minimal supervision
- Oversee optimization of back end architecture for existing and new features and work with front end developer to evolve the product
- Sound object oriented design skills and knowledge of application architecture patterns
- Work well in a modern agile software engineering environment (with source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment), as well as extensive testing
- Responsible for managing overall, end-to-end application development, including the API
- Passionate about end-to-end and user experience design
- Serve as the lead for all implementation, customization, and integration efforts
- Identify and define integration points with third party solutions
- Take pride in writing well maintained, tested, reusable code
- You have 4+ years experience building and shipping consumer or enterprise products for the web
- Experienced with the Ruby language and the Rails framework, be proficient with the entire Ruby on Rails stack
- You have a working knowledge and comfort developing UI and UX using Photoshop
- You also have a working knowledge of test-driven development and related frameworks
- Experience building native Android or iOS applications a plus
Bedrocket Media Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.