Director of Marketing, Comedy at Bedrocket Media Ventures in New York, NY
Are you a data-driven social and digital marketing ninja with the skills to craft creative campaigns and partnerships? We are looking for an experienced marketing executive to lead the comedy marketing and audience development efforts in support of Official Comedy, our premium YouTube comedy network. You will be responsible for making Official Comedy a household name, working with top comedy talent, and driving the promotions and marketing of all our new programs and events.
You must officially be in love with comedy, be knowledgeable about auction and performance based marketing campaigns (True View experience even better!), love working in a creative environment, and most of all, be ready to help us reinvent what a media company can be.
Bedrocket Media Ventures is a disruptive media company looking to change the way people discover and consume great entertainment in the cloud. Not only are we creating the next generation of content that people will love to watch, but our platforms are revolutionizing the way entertainment is created and distributed, and we’re inventing new forms of interactive programming that will drive the future of video storytelling. We’re a fast-growing, venture backed company that was founded by the founder of multiple successful cable networks and the co-founder of Huffington Post, and we’re building a radical team of creative thinkers and expert doers who are passionate about pioneering a truly new model for media.
- Oversee all aspects of show and channel marketing for Official Comedy.
- Work closely with programming teams from conception and development through launch and execution of all programming and events.
- Build partnerships in both digital and traditional media to extend distribution of our content
- Determine appropriate media mix for driving the most cost-effective results, including paid medai, social media, and other methods of marketing.
- Make driving views of Bedrocket content a reliable, repeatable, predictable effort based on a complementary combination of creative efforts and quantative analysis.
- Build partnerships across YouTube channels and stars
- Oversee the social media and community management for our shows and our talent.
- Develop, analyze, and communicate on-going performance tracking based on key network objectives in order to identify opportunities, growth initiatives.
- 5-8 years Marketing/Interactive experience for leading media or consumer brands
- Digital and Social experience is a must
- Performance marketing experience is a must
- History of innovation and creativity
- Love for data-driven results and an understanding of the limits of market research
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple projects
- Passion for media and entertainment; interest in pop culture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
Come work with us!
- We offer competitive salary, health benefits (medical, dental, vision) and equity
- Laid-back environment: jeans, plaid, t-shirts, you get the gist
- Bring your dog to work—they’ll love our wood floors
- Sunny window view overlooking the heart of SoHo and its endless food and bar options
- Friendly co-workers to geek out with
Bedrocket Media Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters, please.