Senior PHP Backend Developer at BeachMint in Santa Monica, CA
Senior PHP Backend Developer
We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do and want to be part of creating the most exciting social eCommerce company. As a member of a cross-functional team, you will work directly with the business to build innovative and disruptive solutions for our amazing commerce platform. You will be involved in all stages of development and be able to participate in evolving our technologies.
Our ideal Senior PHP Backend Developer will excel at:
- Extensive LAMP
- OOP design patterns
- MySQL optimization
- Caching and indexing
- Strong unit testing and TDD
- Building APIs (internal and external)
- Ability to communicate visually (diagrams)
- Enjoy team problem solving
- Magento or related e-commerce platform
- Executing and solving problems under fire, e.g. high levels of traffic growth month-over-month
You're Excited About:
- Building technology enterprise value through team excellence, accountability and process
- Best practices
- Continuous integration
- Data-driven development
- Data abstraction and service orientation
- Business intelligence and data pipelines
- Working in a structured, responsive work environment
Platform, platform, platform!
- We are building a Social Commerce platform. Everything we launch is built on our internal API service platform. Launching a new 'mint' is fast and easy for developers.
We love agile processes and lean development
- We work in weekly iterations that include a production push. We want to learn as much as we can from customers as soon as reasonably possible.
We love testing & automation
- We want all tests to be automated...unit testing & selenium testing. We want automation everywhere. One push button to deploy.
We are language agnostic
- But we write a lot of PHP and Java. Always looking at new technologies and new ways to do more & better.
We love our data warehouse
- Everything we do is data-driven. Since day one, our goal has been near-realtime data as a service. Our production data streams into cubed data marts that empower the rest of the organization to make fast decisions that support the economics of the business.
We work on the Cloud
- Everything we do is on the Cloud. Development, QA, Production.
What is BeachMint?
BeachMint is a venture backed social commerce company founded by serial tech entrepreneurs, Josh Berman (Co-Founder MySpace) and Diego Berdakin. BeachMint partners with celebrities, experts and designers to create and curate direct to consumer online brands. BeachMint launched their first brand, JewelMint, with Kate Bosworth and celebrity stylist, Cher Coulter, in October, 2010, StyleMint with Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen in July, 2011, BeautyMint with Jessica Simpson and celebrity skincare expert, Nerida Joy, in October, 2011, ShoeMint with Rachel Bilson and Nicole Chavez in collaboration with America’s iconic shoemaker Steve Madden in November 2011, HomeMint with Justin Timberlake and celebrity stylist and interior designer, Estee Stanley, in May 2012, and intiMINT with Creative Director, Brooke Burke-Charvet, launched June 2012.
BeachMint's online brands offer its members exclusive products that have been conceived through an authentic relationship with its celebrity designer and expert. Members have access to creative original content, personalized style advice and a curated assortment which changes on a monthly basis while consistently presenting a significant value over comparable items available elsewhere.
BeachMint recently announced a $35 million funding round led by Accel Partners, with participation from Goldman Sachs, New World Ventures and Millennium Technology Value Partners, with existing investors NEA, Trinity, Scale, Anthem, Lightbank (the founders of Groupon) and NALA Investments participating as well. This brings BeachMint’s total funding to over $80 million.
BeachMint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party / Agency resumes. Any unsolicited resumes submitted from any source will become the property of BeachMint and will not be considered fee worthy. This position may not be re-posted unless expressly authorized in writing by the BeachMint Talent Acquisition Team.
© BeachMint 2013. All rights reserved