Senior OEM Systems Engineer at Badgeville, Inc. in Redwood City, CA
Reporting to the VP of Business Development, the Senior OEM Systems Engineer is a full time position at Badgeville responsible for imagining, researching, developing, and designing creative, advanced technical Proof of Concepts (POCs) and software integrations deploying Badgville’s enterprise behavior management and gamification platform and technologies. This individual will drive systems design and engagement mechanics utilizing Badgeville’s best-of-breed behavior engine. This will ultimately generate deep technical expertise and innovation on behalf of Badgeville’s OEM partners. Enterprise application focus will include Digital Marketing, Mobile and Web eCommerce, Customer Loyalty, CRM, HCM, and other core Enterprise business processes.
Other responsibilities include managing all associated documentation and designs generated in his/her research and software prototyping activities. The Senior OEM Systems Engineer must embrace a metrics-driven approach to behavior incentives and gamification design, learning from user data to ensure excellent retention, engagement, and meaningful social connections. This individual will also assist in evangelizing these initiatives, working closely with Badgeville Services and Product teams, Badgeville Solution Architects, 3rd party technology and implementation partners, and end user customers.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter and a detail-oriented professional with a strong desire for experimenting with new technologies and innovating in the enterprise solution space. This is a creative technical role in which a UI engineering background would be extremely helpful.
- BS (or equivalent experience). Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in engineering/design related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in systems architecture and software development, ideally for Mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, and Windows phones
- Minimum of 2 years experience working directly with customers to understand their needs, capture requirements, and build project plans
- Front-end design experience from concept to wireframe to mock-up
- Broad understanding of enterprise and web architectures
- Customer-facing skillsAbility to communicate technical ideas to sales teams, business stakeholders, and technical users
- Desire to perform presentations and offer technical input to the sales process
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to take calls after regular business hours
- Must be willing to work at our Silicon Valley location and travel as needed
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong aptitude for reading/creating technical documentation, standards, and creating formulating/materializing system integrations with 3rd party platforms based on multiple SDKs/APIs
- Agile software development and project management methodology experience
- Familiarity with game design, behavioral science, and digital content distribution technologies
- Familiarity with Social sites integration (Facebook, Twitter) and social commenting tools
- Familiarity with Gamification platforms and services
- Familiarity with digital ad serving platforms as Google DFP, Auditude, and FreeWheel
- Experience with SaaS
- Experience with Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, IBM, Salesforce, and other enterprise business systems and applications
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Badgeville, the Behavior Platform, makes it easy for business leaders, marketers and innovative technologists to use smart gamification techniques to increase user loyalty and engagement across eCommerce, Media & Entertainment, Health, Education, Services and Enterprise web & mobile experiences. Using Badgeville, brands can reward users with real-time achievements and reputation, while at the same time driving user behavior, achieving specific business goals, and measuring and optimizing user engagement. Badgeville customers include Samsung, CA Technologies, X.Commerce, NBC, Bluefly, Interscope Records, Deloitte Digital, and The Active Network. Founded in 2010, Badgeville is based in Menlo Park, California and has offices in New York and Europe. For more information, visit Badgeville on the web at http://www.badgeville.com/.