Contract-to-hire Technical Writer at Badgeville, Inc. in Redwood City, CA
Badgeville is seeking a contract-to-hire Technical Writer to join the Product Content team. You will plan, create, and maintain technical and end-user content in a variety of formats to help customers, partners, and employees accelerate their adoption of Badgeville’s products. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with proven experience designing and building end-user and developer content from scratch. This position is part of the Content team within the Badgeville Product group.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Seeking a contract-to-hire technical writer and content development professional; 4 years minimum of total related experience preferred in technical writing and online content development for software products
- Experience documenting software products required; familiarity with software development-delivery lifecycle in a SaaS environment is a big plus
- Background creating API documentation and other developer documentation; Understanding of APIs (preferably REST APIs) required
- Ability to code basic HTML/XML required
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, and at a fast pace while producing high-quality and accurate content
- History working with product managers, engineers, and designers required
- Ability to research information independently a must
- You must demonstrate a “can-do” attitude while managing multiple concurrent projects across multiple product lines simultaneously
- Ability to distill complex technical information into actionable knowledge that users can understand and apply
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent writing proficiency, strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills (writing samples will be required)
- Able to identify/correct grammatical or stylistic issues in online, print, and video content
- Experience creating video scripts and creating/editing how-to video tutorials a big plus!
- Proficiency and previous experience using content authoring tools, such as MadCap Flare, Knowledge Base tools, Drupal, Wikis, Word, HTML/XML editors, etc.
- Experience creating various types of topic based content, such as online help, online user guides, video tutorials, knowledge base articles, quick start guides, and more
- Bachelor degree required
- Position is based locally in Redwood City, CA
- Telecommuting 1-2 days per week max (TBD after completing 3 months onsite and depending on experience level)
About BadgevilleBadgeville, the Behavior Platform, makes it easy for business leaders, marketers and innovative technologists to use smart gamification techniques to increase user loyalty and engagement across eCommerce, Media & Entertainment, Health, Education, Services and Enterprise web & mobile experiences. Using Badgeville, brands can reward users with real-time achievements and reputation, while at the same time driving user behavior, achieving specific business goals, and measuring and optimizing user engagement. Badgeville customers include Samsung, CA Technologies, X.Commerce, NBC, Bluefly, Interscope Records, Deloitte Digital, and The Active Network. Founded in 2010, Badgeville is based in Menlo Park, California and has offices in New York and Europe. For more information, visit Badgeville on the web at http://www.badgeville.com/.