HR Manager at BackOps in San Francisco, CA
HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
At BackOps we get it done! BackOps is transforming the way SMBs manage their back office. We are getting rid of paper and putting valuable time back into our customers’ hands by creating tools to automate accounting, finance and human resources. In short, we are here to make the back office suck less! Looking to build the next big thing? Then join us.
The HR Operations Manager will be responsible for providing oversight and leadership to the team delivering HR services to quickly growing base of BackOps’ customers. This position will guide the HR team to the highest levels of consistent service delivery, driving operational effectiveness and continuous improvement while leveraging both proprietary and 3rd party tools in the execution of daily tasks. The Manager will articulate a clear HR vision to both the customers and HR team, as well as provide insights on product requirements and enhancements.
- Responsible for training, developing, communicating and managing Customer Onboarding, HR, Payroll and Benefits
- Understands, follows and serves as subject matter expert to develop processes to address new federal and state employment, labor, compensation and government regulations in a consistent and scalable fashion, especially in California
- Provides subject matter expertise and drive consistent execution in processes related to to non-exempt pay, sick leave, PTO, verifications forms, wage assignments, employee development, and any other HR responsibilities.
- Understand and manage equity, including, grants (ISO, ESO), 83(b), stock purchase plans
Desired Skills & Experience
- B.S. or B.A. Degree in Business/Human Resources; PHR/SPHR preferred
- 10+ years of HR Leadership experience, 5-7 years of people management experience with virtual teams;
- Ability to motivate individuals/teams to exceed expectations while fostering a collaborative work environment;
- Strong organizational and problem resolution skills
- Must be able to multi-task and have attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a face paced, tech savvy environment
What makes us different?
First and foremost, we have a strong social mission. We are empowering women in the workplace by proving that motherhood and a career is compatible. And our crowd-sourced workforce of stay at home moms is living proof of that…
And for those who do choose to come into the office, we have weekly yoga classes.
Then there is the fact that our clients hug us. Really. We make a thankless task a little less thankless and they love us for it!
If that isn’t enough, we are building real products for very real businesses. We provide them with mission critical applications to ensure that they stay in business and continue to thrive.
Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K, daily lunches, office yoga...