Senior UX Consultant at Backbase in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Backbase is hiring | Senior UX Consultant
We are Backbase
We come from all over the world to do what we love; to design a great product that improves the lives of real people. We’re passionate, dedicated, and among the best in business. Every person on our team believes in working together and supporting each other to get create a beautifully designed product and a work environment that’s fun, inspiring, and dynamic. We believe in learning from our customers and our colleagues, that makes us easy to do business with and exciting to work for.
We have created the world’s leading lean customer experience platform. It has been designed to help organize, create, and manage deeply relevant customer experiences across all channels, on any device. Backbase Portal combines the latest innovations in customer experience design (UX) with next generation technologies to deliver an unbeatable digital experience. Our critically acclaimed customer experience platform eliminates the need to replace existing legacy systems and delivers a highly flexible and fully customizable environment populated by powerful widgets. Backbase has been consistently placed in ‘Visionary’ quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Software and, in 2013, was recognized as the most visionary portal vendor.
The Backbase team is made up of more than 150 senior technology and usability professionals, with offices in four of the world’s most vibrant cities: London, Singapore, New York and Amsterdam. If you’d like to join us in any one of them, we’d love to hear from you.
You will be working in the Backbase UX team, as part of the Expert Services department. Together you tailor the customer experiences exactly to the needs of the customers. The UX team works on complex projects with big ambitions: we often change the online presence of our customers drastically. We bridge the challenges for users, technology, and business.
When working in projects, you will work with a multi disciplinary team, consisting of Backbase and customer experts. Typically, a large part of the UX work is done at the customer’s location. We have customers in Russia, South Africa, Europe, Middle East and the USA.
As Senior UX Consultant you work inside the Expert Serices Department, where you create the designs for complex web applications (like Online Banking). You work closely with our customers to design end-to-end user experiences from the ground up. You define user journeys and intuitive designs. Within Backbase we have our own UX process that includes utilizing our UX pattern library and style guides to create wireframes, visual designs and other UX documentations.
What we need you to have:
- Bachelor or Masters-level degree in Graphic Design and/or User Experience;
- Experienced with designing intuitive, engaging user experiences and designs;
- Experience with designing for web and mobile applications;
- Experience with one or more UX tools, e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Balsamiq and OmniGraffle;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Online portfolio is a must;
- Experience working in a software development company that uses agile or lean methodologies;
- Experience producing design documenation like user journeys, wireframes, flow diagrams, site maps, ect;
- Experience in user testing;
- Enjoy to work in multi disciplinary teams of Designers, Analysts and Developers;
- Passion for staying up to date with the latest in user experience design methadologies and technology;
- Easy-going, fun and shouldn't take yourself too seriously.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
- Company fitness plan;
- Potential International career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Eveliese Luiting at +31 (0)20 465 8888 or by email: eveliese(at)backbase.com