Call of Duty:
Axiom Zen is looking for sharp and meticulous web and mobile engineers with a passion for software quality to join our world-class team in Vancouver, Canada. Years of experience don't matter as much as a demonstrated commitment to quality and passion for building impactful products.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable working with an experienced and fast-paced team, taking on significant responsibilities, and pushing the boundaries of what's possible on the web, mobile, and other emerging platforms. We're looking for talented engineers who love software engineering in general and Ruby/Rails, node.js, or iOS development in particular and are comfortable building and maintaining large applications with exceptional reliability and UX.
- Experience shipping high quality code in a fast-paced mission-critical environment
- Demonstrated interest in working with new technologies and thinking outside the box
- Amazing human and collaborative team member
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Commitment to agile software development methodologies including TDD, pair-programming, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Good grasp of UX and UI design principles
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Ecommerce / billing / payments expertise
- Mobile / iOS interest or expertise
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, S3) and Chef or Puppet
- Experience writing multithreaded code
- Interest or expertise in big data, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), data mining, voice recognition or other artificial intelligence
- Prior startup experience with top-tier companies
- Creator or contributor to an open source project
- Experience with solutions for data storage, analysis and reporting of large distributed data sets
- Knowledge/experience with redis, memcached, and other NoSQL systems
Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst. A selective collective of entrepreneurs, hackers, hustlers, and designers. We build, advise, and develop technology for iconic companies creating the future of digital life.
Our engineering team has worked with industry titans and fast-growing startups alike - Google, Baidu, Etsy, EA, Threadsy, App Annie, among others. Reflective of the city that surrounds us, we are a tight-nit, diverse, multi-national team with a wide range of backgrounds & cultures. We have team members from Silicon Valley, France, Brazil, China, the Netherlands as well as both coasts of the US and Canada. We work with cutting-edge technologies and plan to develop on emerging platforms, including Google Glass.
We provide full health, life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health care benefits. We are very keen on supporting growth, and will provide financial support for courses, seminars, certification, and degree programs for long-term team members. The team receives quarterly credits to exciting products & experiences as well as additional bonuses as the company achieves milestones. We believe time outside of the office helps us think outside the box, and using great products helps us build them better.