QA Manager / Software Testing Specialist at Axiom Zen in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Call of Duty:
We are looking for sharp and meticulous QA and software testing specialists with a passion for software quality to join our world-class team in Vancouver, Canada. Years of experience don't matter as much as a demonstrated commitment to quality and passion for building impactful products.
The ideal candidates will be comfortable working with an experienced and fast-paced team, taking on significant responsibilities, and pushing the boundaries of what's possible on the web, mobile, and other emerging platforms. We're looking for talented engineers who love software engineering in general and Ruby, Python, or Go in particular and are comfortable building and maintaining large applications with exceptional reliability and UX.
Axiom Zen has a flat heirarchy and a very collaborative culture. Reflective of the city that surrounds us, we are a tight-nit, diverse, multi-national team with a wide range of backgrounds & cultures. We have team members from Silicon Valley, France, Brazil, China, the Netherlands as well as both coasts of the US and Canada.
Our engineering team has worked with industry titans and fast-growing startups alike - Google, Baidu, Etsy, EA, Threadsy, App Annie, among others. We work with cutting-edge technologies and plan to develop on emerging platforms, including Google GLASS. We want our team to be challenged, rewarded, and empowered. To work on products that millions of people will love to use, products that make the world safer and more efficient.
Successful candidates will:
- Attract, train, and develop QA Engineers to create a self organized and highly empowered team;
- Work closely with Engineering and Product teams to fortify test coverage strategies and test driven development, including but not limited to automated, manual, and performance testing;
- Work closely with Product and Strategy teams to provide input from the user's perspective, especially when certain product features have broad implications or potentially unforseen ramifications;
- Lead Quality and Engineering teams to determine the best infrastructure and frameworks to deliver automation as well as handcrafted quality in an Agile, continuous integration environment.
Real Artists Ship. We live by that motto, and love to hire folks with a demonstrated record of curiosity and resourcefulness. Key skills required:
- 2+ years experience as QA lead or manager, preferably on dynamic web or mobile applications with critical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use requirements
- 4+ years total experience with software engineering in general
- Strong leadership skills, ability to mentor and apprentice junior talent
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design, coding, debugging, and testing patterns
- Commitment to agile software development methodologies including TDD, pair-programming, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Awesome human and collaborative team-member
- Ecommerce / billing / payments expertise
- Mobile / iOS expertise
- Previous QA leadership experience at successful Silicon Valley startup
- Experience with or understanding of cyber security and user privacy
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst. A selective collective of entrepreneurs, hackers, hustlers, and designers. We launch, invest in, and consult for iconic companies creating the future through technology. We have a flat hierarchy and a very collaborative culture.
We practice agile development and swing for home runs. We focus on shipping products that are commercially exciting or socially essential, and practice an end-to-end approach, carrying each concept from ideation to production to market launch and beyond. We want our team to be challenged, rewarded, and empowered. To work on products that millions of people will love to use, products that make the world safer and more efficient.
We provide full health, life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health care benefits. We are very keen on supporting growth, and will provide financial support for courses, seminars, certification, and degree programs for long-term team members. The team receives quarterly credits to exciting products & experiences as well as additional bonuses as the company achieves milestones. We believe time outside of the office helps us think outside the box, and using great products helps us build them better.