Product Manager / Project Lead at Axiom Zen in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst and software development consultancy. A collective of entrepreneurs, hackers, hustlers, and designers. We create, advise, and develop technology for iconic companies building the future of digital life. We practice agile development, take pride in a collaborative culture, and swing for home runs. We focus on shipping products that are commercially exciting or socially essential, and practice an end-to-end approach, carrying each concept from ideation to production to market launch and beyond.
We're looking for smart, driven, and talented Product Managers to join our fast-growing team in Vancouver, Canada. The ideal candidates will be comfortable working with a small and fast-paced team, taking on significant responsibilities, and pushing the boundaries of what's possible with code. Our Product Managers will be expected to engage closely with senior leadership, board members, and company advisors as well as the engineering, design, and product teams within Axiom Zen.
The work can be divided into three general themes:
- Engage at the start of new projects to define business objectives, delineate product requirements, build detailed timelines and product development roadmaps to keep the engineering team on track
- Manage/own the product design and development process to ensure follow-through and maximum quality, on-time and on-budget
Work closely with senior management to fully flesh out product strategy and roadmap for internal R&D projects
Real Artists Ship. We live by that motto, and love to hire folks with a demonstrated record of curiosity and resourcefulness - often manifested through the building of products. Key skills required:
- 2-5+ years product or project management experience at startup or Tier 1 agency
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Relentless positive attitude and unshakeable team spirit
- Experience developing work scope estimates and interfacing with clients
- Deep knowledge, expertise, and passion for technology and software development
- Excellent organization, time-management, team leadership skills
- Successful working in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Design and UX training or expertise
- Creator or contributor to an open source project
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new concepts, technologies and processes
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Our perks are always evolving, and all employees share equally with senior management. We provide full life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health care benefits. The team receives quarterly credits to exciting products & experiences as well as additional bonuses as the company achieves milestones. We believe time outside of the office helps us think outside the box, and using great products helps us build them better.
Axiom Zen runs on a dual model: we drive healthy revenue but also invest in R&D for the future. Between our stock options and equity ownership plans and our contributions to traditional retirement programs, you can rest easy that a career with us is well rewarded. We are also very keen on supporting intellectual growth, and will provide financial support for courses, seminars, certification, and degree programs as appropriate for long-term employees.