Product Manager / Producer - Web and Mobile Applications at Axiom Zen in Vanc...
Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst and software development consultancy. A collective of entrepreneurs, hackers, hustlers, and designers. We create, advise, and develop technology for iconic companies building the future of digital life. We practice agile development, take pride in a collaborative culture, and swing for home runs. We focus on shipping products that are commercially exciting or socially essential, and practice an end-to-end approach, carrying each concept from ideation to production to market launch and beyond.
We're looking for a talented, creative, and exceptionally driven Product Manager to join our tight and fast-moving team in Vancouver, Canada or San Francsisco, CA. The ideal candidates will be comfortable working within a data-driven lean startup environment, taking on significant responsibilities, and pushing the boundaries of what's possible with technology.
Our first Product Manager will have a challenging and demanding role, your responsibilities will include among others to:
- Engage at kick-off on new projects to define business objectives, delineate product requirements, build detailed timelines and product development roadmaps, prioritizing resource allocation, and ensuring confidence and communication between all stakeholders
- Manage/own the product design and development process for key projects to ensure follow-through and maximum quality, on-time and on-budget. You are the gatekeeper and the quartermaster.
- Engage closely with senior leadership and company advisors to flesh out product strategy and technology roadmaps for over a dozen internal R&D projects, gathering required data to prioritize resource allocation based on business objectives
- Assist in the recruiting / interviewing / team-building process to gather an exceptional collective of brilliant minds
Real Artists Ship. We live by that motto, and love to hire folks with a demonstrated record of curiosity and resourcefulness - often manifested through the building of products. Key skills required:
- 2+ years product or project management experience at startup or Tier 1 agency.
- Better yet, you built your own startup or creative agency (#fails more than welcome).
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Relentless positive attitude and unshakeable team spirit
- Deep knowledge, expertise, and passion for technology and software development
- Excellent organization, time-management, team leadership skills
- Successful working in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Design and UX training, experience, or expertise - particularly on modern, interaction-heavy web and mobile applications
- Software engineering training, experience, or expertise - particularly on large distributed systems or in lean rapid prototyping and data-driven iteration.
- Interest or experience with machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), artificial intelligence (AI), and any flavor of using big data and analytics to drive business decision-making
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new concepts, technologies and processes
- Experience developing work scope estimates and interfacing with clients
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
All team members share equally with senior management. We provide full life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health care benefits. The team receives quarterly credits to exciting products & experiences as well as additional bonuses as the company achieves milestones. We believe time outside of the office helps us think outside the box, and using great products helps us build them better.
Axiom Zen runs on a dual model: we drive healthy revenue but also invest in R&D for the future. Between our stock options and equity ownership plans and our contributions to traditional retirement programs, you can rest easy that a career with us is well rewarded. We are also very keen on supporting intellectual growth, and will provide financial support for courses, seminars, certification, and degree programs as appropriate for long-term employees.