Head of Talent / Sr Technical Recruiter & Team Builder at Axiom Zen in Vancou...
We are a diverse and experienced team of engineers and creatives looking for our first full-time Human Resources hire. We're growing fast, working on cutting-edge technologies, and sourcing talent from all over the world - we need a "head of talent" to design and implement stellar recruiting processes to exponentially grow our world-class engineering team. Current team members join us from juggernauts as diverse as Google, Etsy, AppAnnie, UBS, EA, and Baidu, as well as agencies and innovative startups.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable working with a small and fast-paced team and taking on significant responsibilities. As our senior HR hire you will be treated as an integral part of the leadership team and will work closely with us to design and execute on the strategies and tactics to get us where we need to be.
As it stands, our strategic priorities in recruiting run along the following lines:
Formalize a world-class recruiting work-flow:
- Successful candidates will drive our entire recruiting process, from sourcing to screening, coordinating interviews, and closing offers.
- Complete proficiency with popuar recruiting tools and platforms is required. This includes ATS's (JobVite or JobScore), paid/free job boards, social networks, resume banks, etc.
You will be expected to work with team leaders and engineering managers to understand positions required, develop effective recruiting action plans that reflect these priorities, and execute on them with the rest of the team.
Build up a global talent network:
- You will be exceptional at identifying and attracting talent through non-traditional sourcing channels (eg. social networking, twitter, github, StackOverflow, Talentbin, dribbble, etc).
- You will establish and own relationships with top universities, colleges, student groups, developer and designer communities - in Vancouver, then North America, followed by the rest of the world.
You will help us jump-start world-class internship and apprenticeship programs for engineers, developers, data scientists, designers, as well as aspiring marketing/social media stars.
Leverage local community engagement:
- We love Vancouver and want to give back to the creative + engineering community here through meetups, hackathons, conferences, and other types of events.
- You will be expected to work with the leadership team to best target these events to attract and retain the attention of top technical talent. Experience throwing events, parties, or hackathons is not required, but it's a plus.
- You will also be expected to track goals, metrics, and performance of all recruiting channels and continually recommend improvements / enhancements to our processes.
Our broader HR priorities include continuing to cultivate a world-class engineering culture, maintaining tight team cohesion and knowledge sharing even as we grow rapidly. We take a long-term approach to building our business, in particular when it comes to taking care of our team. We are not afraid to invest in junior team members, go to the ends of the earth to find the best engineering talent, or give our team the independence, responsibility and resources to do their best work.
As a side note: we have the engineering resources + willpower to design and develop any software tool we need - if you have ideas about how to use technology to revolutionize recruiting and HR, let's hear them.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, confidence with public speaking, networking, or cold-calling
- Demonstrated experience executing a full-cycle recruiting process, preferably 5+ years of experience in a technical recruiting role with a successful technology company
- Outstanding charisma and comfort recruiting engineers, product managers, design/UX experts, data scientists, and other senior talent as needed
- Hunger to learn and improve, strong interest in technology and entrepreneurship
- Self-starter, excellent time-management skills, open communication
- Understanding and ability to communicate openly re: web design and development best practices, APIs/architecture, and new technologies/frameworks, methodologies and productivity tools
- Results-focused and reliable, always maintaining the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, and customer service
- Awesome human
- Design and/or coding expertise
Previous Tier1 Silicon Valley startup or agency experience
Axiom Zen is an idea catalyst. A selective collective of entrepreneurs, hackers, hustlers, and designers. We create and consult for iconic companies creating the future through technology. We practice agile development, take pride in a collaborative culture, and swing for home runs. We focus on shipping products that are commercially exciting or socially essential, and practice an end-to-end approach, carrying each concept from ideation to production to market launch and beyond.
We provide full benefits: life and AD&D insurance as well as premium vision, dental, and extended health care insurance coverage. We are very keen on supporting growth, and will provide financial support for courses, seminars, certification, and degree programs for long-term team members. We receive quarterly credits to exciting products & experiences as well as additional bonuses as the company achieves milestones. We believe time outside of the office helps us think outside the box, and using great products helps us build them better.
When You Apply:
- Please include a cover letter explaining your goals / motivations / desires / interests, as well as how you think you can help us based on the description of our needs above.
- Be funky, don't be shy. Tell us what you've loved and hated about previous jobs, and what you're looking to gain out of this one. The more honest you are the better match we can make.