Account Executive - New Business at Atlas RFID in Calgary, AB, Canada
Seeking a Senior Sales Pro to increase sales of the Atlas' flagship solution, Jovix™, and market share by selling the solution into the industrial construction market in Canada with a primary focus on selling to construction organizations in major Oil & Gas producers, Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) organizations, and modular construction contractors constructing Canadian Oil Sands oil producing assets.
This role will be responsible for performing sales activities including planning and strategy for the assigned market segment. Typical duties include…
- Performing and directing research and client contact to identify and prioritize potential target industrial construction projects where the Jovix™ solution can be deployed within 6 to 12 months
- Develop and manage complex business development relationships, including relationships between owners, engineering firms (EP houses) and construction contractors operating within the Canadian industrial construction market
- Become proficient in the Jovix™ solution to be able to provide prospective clients with a demonstration of the solution
- Developing sales proposals and sales presentations and providing input into the creation of market specific sales brochures, materials, etc…
- Working with the Operations Group on the development of the Atlas Scope of Work and bring the deal to final closure
- Additional assignments as requested by VP of Canada Region
Desired Skills & Experience:
We are looking for people who have sold specifically in the Oil & Gas Industrial Construction Market for the Calgary area who has been calling on Construction Managers, Materials Managers and or Supply Chain Managers.
- Four year college degree, preferably in Engineering or Marketing
- 10+ years direct, industry-specific experience managing large opportunities
- Identifying industrial construction projects and key contacts within through informal and formal professional networks
- Excellent communication skills with ability to produce and deliver highly professional proposals and presentations
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal direction or supervision
- Proficient use of Microsoft tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and CRM
- Preferable (but not required) MBA with marketing emphasis or equivalent combination of training and relevant business experience.
- Ideally the individual should have Business Development experience in the Alberta marketplace, specifically within the Canadian Oil Sands construction market.
- Ideally the individual will have some background in working with construction materials management software based systems on large industrial construction projects
- Ideally the individual should have some knowledge of the materials management challenges associated with large, complex industrial construction projects.
- Ideally the individual should fully understand the issues that impact construction productivity of crews of skilled trades specific to Canadian Oil Sands construction projects.
Ideally this person will have existing relationships with individuals within the following divisions of major oil producers, engineering firms and construction contractors in Western Canada:
- Capital Projects
- Construction Management
- Materials Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Field Procurement
- EPC Project Management
Atlas RFID Solutions, LLC (Atlas) is a provider of a site materials management system that is designed to support complex site materials management processes on large, pre-engineered, industrial construction projects. The system is called Jobsite Visibility Extension (Jovix™) and is currently deployed at over 50 unique sites throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, Thailand and China.
Jovix™ automates the materials management workflow processes and provides actionable, real-time information about the location and status of all materials needed for construction, thereby ensuring visibility and traceability of materials in transport and on site.
Specifically, the Jovix™ System is comprised of four component categories; Jovix™ Software, Jovix™ Certified Hardware, Jovix™ Certified Tags and Professional Services. Materials management and logistics work processes are automated by utilizing bar code labels and active RFID tags applied to multiple types of critical materials. These labels/tags are used in conjunction with rugged handheld tablets, choke point gate readers and vehicle mount readers to capture material transactions in the field and then pass the data back to the Jovix™ Server. Such transactions include material receipt, location/storage information, OS&D reporting, QC/PE requirements, material movements and flags for change in care, custody and control. The Jovix™ server maintains the material database and transaction history as well as providing vital information for decision making and reporting.
- The Jovix™ Solution provides a single, online view into the location and status of material that allows project management, construction, materials management and engineering to properly plan their work and work the plan.
- Field engineers use the Jovix™ Solution to electronically request material and inform the warehouse when and where material is needed to complete a construction work package. The warehouse crew uses the Jovix™ Solution to receive, store, locate, pick and issue materials to construction crews when requested by the field engineers.
- GPS calibrated overhead images of the site are configured with the current laydown storage grids and installation work areas translated to GPS coordinates in the Jovix™ software. This allows the current GPS locations of materials to be reported as yard and grid locations already familiar to the project team members.
- Active RFID tags are applied materials at the fabrication facility or project site. Ruggedized mobile computers are used to automatically read the active RFID tags attached to the materials to maintain an accurate inventory count and GPS location of the material at all times.
- Users can walk directly to the GPS location of each tagged material allowing them to now locate material in a matter of minutes vs. hours spent searching for material using the old paper based request and pick process before using Jovix™.