Business Analyst at Aria Systems in San Francisco, CA
Title: Business Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
About Aria Systems:
Aria Systems powers recurring revenue for the enterprise enabling market expansion, improving customer relationships, and providing more revenue predictability. The Aria Cloud Billing platform is used by brand name companies such as Pitney Bowes, AAA NCNU, Experian, Red Hat, Ingersoll Rand, EMC, VMware, and HootSuite to evolve their company’s recurring businesses while delivering outstanding customer experiences.
We are looking for talented, passionate people with strong track records and relevant expertise to help us achieve our goals. We are a fast-moving startup that offers a dynamic working environment with a collaborative culture, where you and your peers can learn from each other, and where you can make visible contributions that benefit our world-class customers and partners.
As a member of the Customer Analytics team in the Engineering department, we are charged with defining and delivering upon the enterprise Data as an Asset strategy. We aim to bring to bear the full weight of information-based decisions to our customers through a variety of media, such as innovative and insightful client-facing Business Intelligence tools and analytical solutions.
We are looking for a versatile and talented BI professional who can shape the way our clients look at their SaaS metrics and their business through our AriaBI platform. The Business Analyst will be responsible for the refining the scope and requirements of the BI solutions, and working with the rest of the AriaBI team to bring the requirements to life. The Business Analyst will need to be able to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, develop and then execute upon project plans. The Business Analyst reports to the Director of Customer Analytics in the San Francisco office, and will work closely with the BI Development team (both domestic and off-shore.)
The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering quality Business Intelligence solutions. She or he has extensive experience in BI, with a dual-major in project management and product management, and a minor in business acumen. The ideal candidate has also demonstrated experience with SaaS metrics - such as MRR and churn, can quickly grasp new concepts, and can work within an agile development schedule. She or he is creative and tenacious in gathering requirements, can distill facts efficiently, and can generate requirements documents faster than a printer can print them.
- Works with a variety of stakeholders – such as the Product Manager for AriaBI, external clients and partners, and internal customer-facing teams to collect and refine requirements.
- Understands the product and business needs.
- Translates business requirements into product requirements.
- Works with the AriaBI Program Manager to develop project plans that complement the Product Development release schedule.
- Works with the BI team (Data Architect, BI Developers), QA, and Production Operations to deliver BI projects on schedule with high quality.
- Regularly meets with off-shore BI Developers to monitor BI solutions development and mitigates risk.
- 4+ years as a Business Analyst or Product Manager for a SaaS business, and understands concepts such as MRR and churn.
- 4+ years experience with Project Management responsibilities in a BI or software delivery environment, and in Project Management processes and practices such as agile development and PLCM.
- 2+ years with GL, billing, and revenue recognition.
- BA/BS from accredited university or college.
- BA/BS or advanced degree (MS, MBA) in quantitative major such as Economics, MIS, Computer Science, Statistics.
- Experience in Data Governance.
- PMP Certification.
- Any TDWI certifications.
Aria Systems fosters a flexible, rewarding, and close-knit work environment while encouraging innovation and self-direction. As a startup we expect all of our employees to share our strong sense of urgency, ability to learn and master new technologies quickly, and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. In return Aria offers competitive salaries and benefits, attractive stock options, and a flexible, informal work environment.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aria Systems is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Please, no phone calls. Principals only; recruiters please do not respond to this ad.