DevOps Engineer at Anaplan in San Francisco, CA
You want BigData? Our Tech Ops team manages models with more than 100 billion cells and 100GB Java heaps without GC problems. Big enough? Try that in Excel or MySQL.
As a DevOps Engineer, we know that you are passionate about seamless uptime. You delight in building tools to automate routine tasks and constantly seek new ways to improve system performance. If you also want to join a fast-growing startup, work with friendly people, and play with some cool tech, you found the right place.
We’re a Centos shop in the data centers running on high end Intel servers. Our core technology is Java on Linux using open source technology throughout the stack. The Java engine runs and stores all data in RAM for super high performance while staying safe with transaction logs and auto recovery. The office is Macs with a few Windows holdouts. You decide which works best for you.
In order to manage these systems you will;
- Utilize your skills in automation, replication and scaling to manage our worldwide data centers
- Write scripts in Ruby, Python, Perl, etc. to build custom tools for automation, replication and scaling
- Build tools to monitor and provide metrics on our systems
- Perform basic Linux system administration (DNS, NFS, RPM, Apache, Raid, etc.)
You have solid experience with:
- Automation – We are moving from Puppet to Chef (and Cobbler) to manage our KVMs
- Programming in any of Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.
- Data center management, replication, scaling
- Metrics and monitoring – writing custom tools and familiar with open source options
- Linux administration (the ops side of devops) – dns, nfs, rpm, apache, raid, etc.
Good if you’re familiar with:
- Multi-data center management, replication, scaling
- Mysql – replication, backups, some light querying
- Networking – Switches, routers, firewalls, vpn, etc
- Managing Java applications – but not necessary to know how to write in Java
- Amazon EC2
Founded in 2006, Anaplan is disrupting the world of Enterprise Planning Management. Our cloud-based platform provides the simplicity and ease of use of spreadsheets with the scalability and security of a traditional multi-dimensional enterprise-planning platform. This mixture of power and flexibility is unrivaled in the marketplace, and enables the type of business agility that has been promised by enterprise software vendors for decades.
Today, Anaplan is a global, venture-backed company, with 90 customers, 100 employees and growing rapidly. We are headquartered in San Francisco’s dynamic Union Square district and offer competitive compensation and equity. We are committed to our employees’ career growth and well-being, and offer excellent benefits including highly competitive dental, medical and vision plans, 401K, commuter perks, flexible work hours, unlimited vacation and more.
Sound good to you? Then don’t be shy – send us your resume!