Senior Software Developer - .Net at American LegalNet Inc. in Encino, CA
AMERICAN LEGALNET, INC.
SENIOR .NET SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Employee Title: Senior Software Developer
Reports to: Chief Technical Officer
Location: Encino, CA headquarters
American LegalNet is seeking exceptional leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit and a corporate foundation to join this dynamic mezzanine company and help grow it to the next level – preeminent in the law firm support industry. If a challenge delights you and work stimulates you, read on.
THE POSITION’S PURPOSE:
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for performing a wide variety of programming assignments of newly developed software applications, enhancements to existing applications, emergency bug fixes, and other revisions to ALN’s products. Also, the position requires collaborating with team members on technology, process and solutions to support over development goals and product roadmap.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR OBJECTIVES / DELIVERABLES:
- eDockets and associated plug-ins (Docket Direct)
- Forms WorkFlow ribbon and toolbar enhancement
- Forms WorkFlow website enhancments
- eFiling portals for various jurisdictions
- ALN’s customer-facing websites
- Miscellaneous websites supported by ALN, including but not limited to calawresearch.com, livepub.americanlegalnet.com, etc.
- Write and maintain ALN’s internal workflow programs, Admin tool
- ALN’s SEO marketing initiative
- Test and develop stored procedures, functions, views using Microsoft SQL 2008
- Test and develop VBScript code for one time and recurring data migration, file conversion and quick data processing.
- Write and maintain programming documentation
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge, Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Minimum of 5 years product management experience within the legal vertical.
o Excellent written and verbal communications skills
o Highly motivated self-starter who needs little or no supervision.
o Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
o Creating custom user controls in Asp.Net(C#)
o Skilled with cross-browser CSS
o Skilled with AJAX, XHTML, DHTML
o Skilled with Web Services implementation and consumption
o In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, not just using it but macros, setup, etc.
o Understanding of PDF technologies including creation, form usage, etc.
o Strong Knowledge and understanding of HTML, HTTP, and related Technologies
o Strong experience with Object Oriented Design and Development
o Strong experience with any version control system such as Visual Source Safe, Free VCS, SVN, etc.
- Experience at a startup company is a plus.
o Competitive salary and benefits.