Analyst - IT Systems Administration at AltaStaff in Chicago, IL
We are a boutique agency recruiting for an experienced Systems Admin Analyst to serve in a central role managing the IT resources for the office of a national, public sector consulting firm located in downtown Chicago.
By leveraging your knowledge of PC hardware, software, and networks along with your strong customer service skills, you will manage the office's technology needs. You will understand the configuration, resources, and user's expectations. This understanding gives you the ability to anticipate and proactively address questions and issues to ensure the office's IT support runs smoothly and efficiently.
This opportunity provides an excellent chance to work within a dynamic and friendly organization with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. You will work with the project manager and the VP of Technology Solutions.
- General PC hardware and networking knowledge and experience
- Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Help Desk Support and Management
- Windows networking and security
Nortel PBX and call center telecommunications such as Symposium
- Hardware and software installation, configuration and repair
- Malware detection, identification and removal
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 2007, and Windows 2003, 2007 and 2010 Server
- Telecommunications and Ethernet Wiring
- Perform server administration, monitor performance and security
- 802.11 network installation and configuration
- Information Technology Support, Help Desk and/or Systems Administration: 3+ years
Associates degree, Accreditation from a systems/technical school, or equivalent experience. Bachelors degree welcomed.
- Client support, customer service, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Communicate with clients to establish requirements and manage expectations
- Provide solutions for workflow support and process improvement
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job
- Perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment;
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
Details: Onsite 40 hours per week. Salary based on experience.
US Travel required for special project work. (1 trip per month).
More Information: www.altastaff.com