Front-end Engineer at AdRoll in San Francisco, CA
We are an already profitable startup based in SOMA. We’re backed by some of the savviest investors in the space, including Peter Thiel, Accel Partners, and Foundation Capital.
We were just named the #1 fastest growing company in the Bay Area and the #7 fastest growing in the whole US by Inc. Magazine.
Team up with a colorful, but tight-knit engineering squad of a dozen. Code alongside our group which includes the youngest engineer ever at Microsoft (our CEO), a former World Champion of Street Fighter, the president of Python Italy, and more!
We run the retargeting platform with the largest customer base and swim in the complex, yet exciting new world of real-time advertising. We work with many great brands you've heard of (American Apparel, Tom's Shoes, Microsoft, Tivo, Hipmunk) and many more you haven't.
As a front-end engineer, you love building responsive, well-composed client side applications. You have a knack for putting yourself in the shoes of the user. You will spend your time between the client and the server, with the majority spent on the client. You know how to make things fast or feel snappy. You might be building out our application interfaces, updating the marketing website, and working on our API.
- CSS3, SCSS (Sass)
- Clean & Organized Code
- Knowledge or interest in learning Python
- BS in computer science or related field or relevant work experience.
- Has personal projects related to the web
- Great attitude and good team player
- Loves learning and appreciates feedback or instruction
- CSS Spriting
- Appreciate of Clean UI
- Focus on good user experience (examples would be great)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Demonstrated skills in building easy to use products by yourself or where you were in charge
- Good set of evaluation materials like an up-to-date portfolio or a github account
- Design your ideal setup (machine, monitor, ergo)
- Mentorship and backing of your growth as an engineer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical/Dental benefits
- Work/Life balance and a flexible vacation schedule
- Snacks and beverages, Monday dinners, Wednesday breakfast, Off The Grid across the street
- Close to CalTrain and Bart
- Opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel