DevOps Engineer at AdRoll in San Francisco, CA
We are an already profitable startup based in SOMA. We’re backed by some of the savviest investors in the space, including Peter Thiel, Accel Partners, and Foundation Capital.
We were just named the #1 fastest growing company in the Bay Area and the #7 fastest growing in the whole US by Inc. Magazine.
Team up with a colorful, but tight-knit engineering squad of a dozen. Code alongside our group which includes the youngest engineer ever at Microsoft (our CEO), a former World Champion of Street Fighter, the president of Python Italy, and more!
We run the retargeting platform with the largest customer base and swim in the complex, yet exciting new world of real-time advertising. We work with many great brands you've heard of (American Apparel, Tom's Shoes, Microsoft, Tivo, Hipmunk) and many more you haven't.
Our technology is continually pushing the boundaries. We run a global infrastructure that handles millions of requests, participates in billions of real-time auctions, crunches big data in real-time while serving thousands of happy advertisers.
Do you dream of building a 100% cloud-deployed infrastructure that deftly scales to billions of daily requests and is capable of self-healing when trouble strikes?
Join us in making this vision a reality. As AdRoll's first DevOps engineer, you'll get the chance to create the global infrastructure that you've always wanted. We are power users of Amazon Web Services, and strive to streamline, automate, robustify, maintain and simplify our deployment. You'll work closely with software development to make sure our systems are monitored and supported 24x7.
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with bash or shell scripting.
- Experience with python, perl, or similar scripting language.
- Experience with kernel tuning, patching, recompiling and building modules.
- Has a genuine interest in Open Source and has personal projects.
- Experience with administering high-volume services.
- Experience with multi-datacenter architectures.
- Naturally takes lots of initiative.
- Available to respond and handle after hour issues and be on call.
- Knowledge of Amazon EC2 or other cloud-computing services
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or Salt
- Experience with advanced networking and high availability systems
- Knowledge of Python and its libraries
- Design your ideal setup (machine, monitor, ergo)
- Mentorship and financial training backing of your growth as an engineer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical/dental benefits
- Work/Life Balance and flexible vacation schedule
- Snacks and beverages, Monday dinners, Wednesday breakfast, Off The Grid across the street
- Close to CalTrain and Bart
- Opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel