Head of Product Management at 99designs in San Francisco, CA
Looking through the job ads can make it seem as if “unique” and “rare” opportunities are a dime a dozen. Seems like every company has one. That’s why we hesitate to use those terms. But how else do you describe the chance to step in and take the product reins of one of the hottest businesses the web has seen in years?
99designs is a successful startup backed by Accel Partners (Facebook, Groupon, Dropbox). We are a diverse, dynamic group who love great design, great food, and great coffee. We're the #1 online marketplace for crowd-sourced graphic design, with a new design uploaded every 5 seconds and more than $30,000,000 paid out to our community in just 4 years.
When we first started out, product kind of just happened by committee. Everyone from our founders to our users contributed to design, features, and overall product. Now that we’re experiencing explosive growth, it’s time for one person to really own our product efforts from top to bottom. This means:
- Defining the product vision, strategy and roadmap in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Articulating clear goals to meet that strategy and tracking key metrics to measure success
- Managing your product backlog, collecting and testing ideas from every corner of the company, market, customer base, and design community
- Driving a clear vision for new projects, gaining consensus in the team and bringing the right people together to execute and ensuring clear communication of priorities and progress
- Managing staged product releases and being the central point of communication right through to post-launch follow-up
- Always championing the simplest possible user experience
This role screams out for your unique blend of technical and business savvy, big picture vision, incredible communication skills and driving desire to kick ass and smash growth targets. Behind your track record of delivering products that customers love is a complete mastery over all phases of the product lifecycle and an ability to deliver one clear product process across the entire organization. Your passion for UX, incredible analytical skills and naturally inquisitive, data driven style don’t hurt either.
With offices in both Melbourne and San Francisco, we are a rapidly growing team with a culture for encouraging passionate people to be fun and creative. Everyone has a voice and everyone shapes our future. 99designs employees enjoy many benefits, including a great working environment, an active social club and an extensive health, dental, vision and annual leave package. Other perks include Friday drinks, free snacks, action games and gym membership. Oh and did we mention the industrial-strength coffee machine?
Interested? Intrigued even? Drop us a line.