Ruby on Rails Extraordinare at 500friends in San Francisco, CA
500friends is a venture backed (Crosslink, Intel, and YCombinator), rapidly growing company that was recently honored as an AlwaysOn Top 100 private company. We offer competitive compensation (both cash + equity), and a high energy environment for lots of room for personal growth. Our management team has a proven track record of building great companies and taking them to attractive exits. Our technology stack includes Ruby, Rails 3, Haml, MySQL, EC2. We integrate with key social networks, e-commerce sites and engines.
You will be joining a small team of rails hackers, play a key role in both shaping and building our technologies. Your scope will be broad: ranging from user-facing features to server-side componenets and libraries. You will be developing web portal, analytical functionality, APIs, facebook applications and more.
Whats in it for you:
- Fast paced environment with no bureaucracy
- We're obsessed with hiring only the best of the best; you won't ever have to deal with incompetency
- Working with leading edge technologies
- Competitive compensation package which includes benefits and significant stock options
- Individual and company performance bonuses
- Free lunch every day
- 2+ years of developing in Ruby on Rails strongly preferred, but exceptions will be made for extraordinary candidates
- Experience working with testing frameworks such as rspec, capybara, and selenium
- Familiarity with the agile development process
- Strong desire to work with a small team to transform an industry
- Start-up experience
- Familiarity with Facebook/Twitter API