Ruby on Rails Engineer at 500friends in San Francisco, CA
500friends helps retailers increase their customer lifetime value. This is really important today as retailers are getting their butts kicked by Amazon (on-line) and Walmart (off-line).
We're backed by $12M in financing from Crosslink, Intel, and YCombinator and are trusted by over 40 of the Internet Retailer 1,000. Our management team also has a proven track record of building great companies and taking them to attractive exits. Our technology stack includes Ruby, Rails 3, MySQL, EC2.
As the latest member of our small but seriously talented engineering team, you will play a key role in both shaping and building our technologies. Your scope will be broad, ranging from user-facing features to server-side components and libraries. You will be developing web portal, analytical functionality, APIs, facebook applications, browser plugins and more. We are looking for a generalist who enjoys rapidly learning and working with different technologies. And of course you will be expected to commit code on your first day.
Yes, we realize that smart hackers are in demand. So what makes 500friends special?
- We care about our team: http://blog.500friends.com/2012/10/25/an-open-letter-to-future-team-members/
- Fast paced environment with no bureaucracy
- We're obsessed with hiring only the best of the best; you won't ever have to deal with incompetency
- Competitive compensation package which includes benefits and equity
- Individual and company performance bonuses
- Free lunch every day
- We solve real world problems
- Funding for your next start-up: http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/10/founders-beware-500friends-will-catch-your-developers-with-seed-capital-bait/
- 2+ years of developing web applications in Ruby on Rails (strongly preferred), Python, or PHP
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience working with testing frameworks such as rspec, capybara, jasmine and selenium
- Familiarity with the agile development process
- Strong desire to work with a small team to transform an industry
- Start-up experience
- Experience developing browser plugins
- Familiarity with Facebook/Twitter API
- E-commerce background
Live outside the Bay Area? Not to worry! We will help you with relocation. Unable to relocate? You can commute to our offices every two weeks - we'll even book your travel. :)