Sr. Software QA Automation Engineer at 33Across in Sunnyvale, CA
33Across is looking for an Automation Engineer to own and innovate automated testing of the 33Across advertiser product suite, which is used by more than 375 Fortune 1000 marketers. Visit the 33Across Product Suite to learn about our offerings.
At 33Across our systems span across a variety of latest technologies and we process terabytes of data, such as, machine learning algorithms, cloud based ETL systems, large scale web applications, and data analytics for our publishers and advertisers. Are you looking to be part of a team that uses Hadoop? As an Automation Engineer you will be responsible for developing automated tests using Open Source frameworks, such as Spring and TestNG. The automation engineer will create verification and validation tests for very large data sets via complex queries that ensure business rules are enforced and respected in the frontend and backend systems. He/She will bring their unique passion to help solve complex large scale data validation problems by building custom tools for the backend and frontend systems in an Agile software development environment. Do you like stories or epics? Test results from the engineer’s automation will be critical to resolving product issues before they adversely impact our bottom line. Are you looking for a challenge or to test your automation skills at the next level by helping achieve our Continuous Integration goals?
We offer a dynamic technology-driven environment, where our talented engineers work closely together to produce amazing systems. You will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package and be able to share in our company's success.
- Bachelors with emphasis on Computer Science (CS), Masters in CS or equivalent preferred
- Solid knowledge of test automation and test coverage of complex data processing applications in 24x7x365 production environments
- Knowledgeable in Scrum methodology and experience working with a defect management system, such as JIRA or equivalent
- 3+ years in Development/Test Automation/Release Automation engineer roles
- 2+ years of experience in any one or combinations of these languages: Java, Ruby, C++, C#
- 2+ years’ experience with relational databases, such as MySQL
- 2+ years’ experience with a Linux/UNIX environment and writing shell scripts
- 2+ year’s software testing, including Integration Testing
- Open source test automation framework (TestNG) experience
- Testing experience with any or all of the following: ETL, No SQL, Hadoop
- Experience with creation of complex SQL queries and data retrieval from a very large relational database or Data Warehouses (examples: Oracle, Teradata, MySQL)
- Experience with release engineering tools, such as RPM, YUM, and Puppet are desired
- Online Advertising and/or Internet Publishing industry experience
- Ability to work independently and capacity to work with distributed teams
- Ability to debug, troubleshoot, and correct data and system problems
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fun environment that includes humor and a thirst for free soft drinks
Over 600,000 publishers and more than 375 Fortune 1000 marketers use 33Across’s Brand Graph™ technology, tools, and real-time predictive systems to connect their content and products into the social graph. Clients rely on their Brand Graph to leverage how individuals and the networks around them react to what is read, purchased, shared, and recommended in real-time. Reaching over a billion users, 33Across processes tens of thousands anonymous social engagement, influence, and interest actions that surround marketer and publisher brands each second. The company has offices in 11 cities including New York, San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Salt Lake City, Dallas, Chicago, and Boston.