Scientist, Structural Biology - Molecular Biology
San Diego, CA | Structural Biology (670)
Scientist – Structural Biology – Molecular Biology
Dart NeuroScience LLC (DNS) is a privately held Delaware Limited Liability Company with offices in San Diego, CA. DNS will discover new technologies and develop new therapies to help maintain cognitive vitality throughout life.
DNS is seeking a highly motivated and experienced molecular biologist to join the structural biology department. The candidate will be responsible for the design and high-throughput generation of DNA constructs to evaluate the recombinant expression of proteins for macromolecular crystallography studies. An experimental and technical background is required in molecular biology and protein expression techniques that are commonly used to generate recombinant proteins in milligram-scale quantities. Experience in protein structural biology is necessary. The candidate will be required to independently design and generate DNA constructs, test small-scale expression in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic (baculovirus and mammalian) expression systems and analyze protein quality using various biochemical/ biophysical tools.
The candidate will be working in a creative, dynamic environment and will be required to be team-oriented with a desire to proactively seek out and implement new technologies to improve construct design and expression of proteins for crystallization purposes. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and must be organized and timely with regard to data generation, meeting presentations and study reports.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Ph.D. in life science with thesis.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in molecular biology and recombinant protein expression, preferably industrial structural biology experience.
- Proven hands-on experience in successful DNA cloning, small-scale expression, purification and biochemical/biophysical characterization of proteins expressed in various eukaryotic and/or prokaryotic systems most amenable to structural biology.
- Expert knowledge of applicable state-of-the-art high-throughput molecular biology technologies, software tools for DNA construct design and sequence analysis, protein expression, purification and characterization demonstrated preferably through peer-reviewed publications.
- Demonstrated independent thought/creativity in science. Excellent collaboration, communication (oral and written) and multitasking skills and able to present work formally to Scientific Research Committees.
DNS offers competitive salaries and a great benefits package including incentive bonuses, healthcare, vision, dental, long-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. To apply, please submit your CV or resume using our online application at www.dartneuroscience.com.