Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes. With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 100 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 30 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA and branches in Poland, UK, Germany.
For our office in Poznań (Poland) we are looking to fill the position:
- Develop, test, and deploy new features for the MediaWiki platform
- Propose software design solutions
- Collaborate in creating and implementing QA processes
- Hack like crazy! Or, um... "Create implementation prototypes"
- AJAX, HTML, CSS
- Object-oriented PHP wizardry
- English (if you can understand this job ad, you're probably good)
You get bonus points if you:
- Have experience with the MediaWiki engine
- Used Skype and/or FogBugz before
- Are a user (of Wikia, Wikipedia or any other wiki)
- Play fussball (aka table football; yes, seriously)
- Open & friendly
- Well organized and disciplined
- Able to balance technical solutions with time, cost and human factors
- Punctual, reliable and able/willing to work a flexible schedule
- Willing to visit our San Francisco office in Silicon Valley twice a year
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary of 7000-12000 PLN per month (gross), plus stock options. You’ll also get to expand your knowledge and skills with at least two fully paid professional conferences as well as two visits to our San Francisco office per year, team lunches, company trips and full pantry complete with delicious coffee, coke and cookies.