Professional Services Engineer (USA)
Portland, OR | Customer Success
Department: Client Services
Reports to: Director of Professional Services
Location: Portland (remote within US may be considered)
Summary of Role
Do you have a passion for Open Source software? Excited about what Puppet is doing and want to be a part of it? Love utilizing your technical knowledge in a client-facing role?
Puppet Labs is hiring additional Professional Services Engineers to join our growing PS team! In this role, you'll help our Puppet Labs' customers succeed through training, consulting, and custom development engagements, as well as further Puppet Labs product growth with direct customer feedback.
As part of our Professional Services team, you will work with our customers to implement solutions and deliver professional services, as well as deliver training and keep Puppet & MCollective training accurate and up-to-date. In addition, you will be responsible for providing pre-sales support to Sales & Marketing, developing and publishing Puppet modules and products, and developing and promoting integration and tooling around Puppet Labs products. As Professional Services Engineer, you’ll also develop blog posts and other communication for Puppet Labs, and work with R&D and Product Management to develop and test Puppet Labs products.
- Unix &/or Linux SysAdmin or DevOps background, including automation
- Strong customer relations & presentation skills - must be able to speak well in front of an audience and with customers
- Excitement about working with the Puppet community
- Passion for problem solving
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to travel up to 60% (domestic & internationally)
- Technical degree (CS/IT/Eng/ITSec) or equivalent experience
- Puppet Certified, a plus!
Preferred but not required
- Programming skills (Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Large scale infrastructure experience
- Experience with Puppet or other configuration management tools
- Knowledge of data center management, systems management, and monitoring, networking & security
- Professional services experience in an open source/enterprise software company
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your application online (via the Apply Now button). Please include a cover letter with your resume addressing the following:
- Why are you interested in working for Puppet Labs?
- Please summarize how your background fits the listed qualifications.
- Please confirm you are available for up to 60% travel domestically & internationally.
- Please include a list of references in your cover letter.
Working for Puppet Labs
Our mission at Puppet Labs is to drive the cost of technology change to zero. We make IT automation software for systems administrators, freeing them from repetitive work and fire-fighting so they can do more interesting and higher-value work for their organizations. Our most important measure of success is their love for our products.
We're growing fast, but we're determined for everyone here to have a real impact on the company and our customers every day. We're driven and restless. We encourage creativity and collaboration. By challenging each other, we foster continuous improvement. We hire carefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity, and adaptability.
We offer excellent health benefits for employees and family, a flexible time-off policy (that we do insist you use), and a variety of methods to grow your skills and further your career. We have employees all around the US, the UK, Sweden, Canada, the Czech Republic and Australia. Our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, is the second floor of a converted warehouse in the vibrant Pearl District.
Puppet powers thousands of companies, including Twitter, Yelp, Disney, Google, Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Cisco WebEx, Salesforce, Bank of America and PayPal. Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, VMware, Google Ventures, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners.