Do you have steel skin and an addiction to making people smile? You might want to see a doctor, but you might also want to work with us! UserVoice helps companies succeed by making our customers happy. We create simple, web-based software which helps companies gather prioritized feedback and provide excellent customer support. We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Raleigh, NC.
We’ve grown to the point where we need another Customer Support person to cover early morning Eastern (European afternoon) business hours. You will probably be writing some product documentation as well. Support will be provided via our Helpdesk ticketing system, as well as some live IM-style chat. You will work in the Customer Support department to provide an unparalleled customer experience, based in our Raleigh office, starting bright and early at 6am. You’ll need to be able to spend about 3 weeks with us in our San Francisco office for initial training - we’ll cover the lodging and the bus ticket :)
1. Empathy - We want our customers to be happy and thrilled about UserVoice Support.
2. Energy - Most of your day is going to be spent responding to tickets, so we need someone with the ability to treat each issue with dedication and fervor.
3. Smarts - Many of these issues are puzzles waiting to be solved, and will require detective work and problem solving.
4. Similar to the above, you’ll need to be able to QA and write a proper bug report.
5. Writing Skills (English) - You’ll need to come across as professional with a friendly tone.
6. Computer chops - Many of these issues are technical and require you to know your way around a computer (and become a master of our product). We’ll train you on many of the specifics, but you’ll need a good foundation (general knowledge of the Internet and email rules/forwarding, and browser settings, to name a few).
7. Independence – You’ll likely be on your own for the first few hours of the day, so you should be able to rock out on your own.
8. Able to work approximately 6am to 3pm EST, Monday through Friday.
Bonus points for:
1. Conversational ability in another language (pig-Latin doesn’t count, though may be useful!)
2. Some HTML and CSS skillls
3. Some experience with technical writing
Please sign up for a free trial (we won’t ever bill you) at uservoice.com and provide with your cover letter and resume an original response to this question from one of our customers: “How do I add an Admin to my UserVoice account?”
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Resumes received by UserVoice from search firms are considered unsolicited and will be kept as UserVoice’s intellectual property or deleted as appropriate unless a contractual obligation exists between UserVoice and a search firm.