We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Twilio Inc.
Not the right job?
Technical Customer Advocate - UK at Twilio Inc. in London, United Kingdom
- Twilio is a simple, pay-as-you-go web service that empowers developers to build voice and SMS applications.
- Over 100,000 developers use Twilio - including start ups, Fortune 100 companies, and both major political parties.
- We are funded by top tier investors, have a great team and revenues are growing FAST.
- Twilio is disrupting the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us ruffle the suits - we’re just getting started.
About the Job:
- You will be the first person that Twilio's UK and European customers and potential customers communicate with; we’ll count on you to interact with them in a friendly and professional way.
- You will answer customers’ basic questions quickly. If they require in-depth technical support, you will collect information that our engineers need. If they have the potential to be Twilio’s next big customer, you will have the judgement to fast-track them to sales.
- You’ll need to hit the ground running. You will help customers understand Twilio capabilities and pricing, and as you gain more experience, you’ll answer questions of increasing technical depth.
- You’ll be part of a lean, savvy support team. Your working style will have a big impact the growth of our team.
- You will help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management team to make our support process better.
- You can work onsite in our office in London, UK.
- You’re ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done, doing whatever it takes to retain and delight a customer. You’re excited about what they’re building with Twilio.
- You are a tech-savvy "people" person who learns fast and thinks on your feet. You love working with real customers: listening to them and solving problems. Your mission in life is to help a customer get to their happy place.
- You get technology. Our customers are developers who often speak in jargon, and you can grok what they’re saying.
- You can read between the lines of a customer request, understanding the question behind the question. You can anticipate the customer’s next question before they even ask it, and provide a proactive answer.
- You are a proactive and thoughtful communicator, both over the phone and email.
- You can work independently, and are not afraid to work without a safety net.
- You have excellent judgement and can prioritize customer issues based on their urgency and severity.
- You’ve admired the Nordstrom, Apple, Zappos, etc service ethos.
- Your primary work schedule will based on UK business hours, or 0.900 to 18.00 BST. You may later be asked to work different shifts, including late nights, weekends, etc.
- You hold a bachelors degree from a 3 year college or equivalent and experience delivering excellent and well-informed customer support.
Nice to have:
- Basic technical/programming experience. You will be talking to developers constantly.
- Entrepreneurial and leadership experience of some variety, such as starting a business, leading a team or club.
- You’ve won awards for being awesome in some way at other jobs or during school.
How to apply:
Here’s some stuff you can include in your cover letter to move your resume to the top of the pile:
- Discuss where you worked on a similar product/solution before and drove results.
- Want to really stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for finding bugs or things that annoyed you that could be improved in the platform or on our website.