VP of Market Management at Liftopia in San Francisco, CA
VP of Market Management
Transform the ski industry.
Liftopia is seeking a strategic, results focused VP of Market Management to lead the team that drives account acquisition and optimization, arguably the most important division of our company. Ideal candidates will have a strong track record of building teams and processes focused on the acquisition of new accounts and optimization of existing accounts within the online travel space. We’re looking for a natural leader, someone with an accomplished history of success who can scale Liftopia’s inventory procurement teams, processes and accounts to a global level. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in and knowledge of supplier relations, consultative sales, revenue management and online commerce.
Take over the leadership, management and build-out of an established account management team and scale the team from tens of millions in sales to hundreds of millions in sales by building an agile, world-class organization that can support and scale robust relationships with inventory suppliers of all different backgrounds and personalities across the globe.
You will be a key member of the leadership team of the company with full support from all company managers, executives, Board of Directors and investors, including Erik Blachford, Chris Sacca, Gregg Brockway and First Round Capital. You will have significant resources and team ownership to meet your objectives. You will be taking over an existing talented and collaborative team that has an unparalleled drive and passion and if successful, you will have a massive impact on the outcome of our company.
Key Experience Required:
- Success growing and managing account management teams in a rapidly changing environment
- Success establishing a culture and organization that attracts and retains top talent
- Success managing and mentoring a mature, goal-driven team
- Success creating, implementing and optimizing processes to achieve business goals
- Success driving the creation of impactful marketing materials and collateral
- Success collaborating with product management, operations, and customer support to align business needs with other departmental priorities and ensure customer success
- Success working with virtual teams distributed across multiple geographies
- Successful revenue management experience
- 5+ years building and managing a world-class account management team
- Experience hiring and training effective account managers and salespeople
- Experience implementing structure, systems and policies within account management team
- Experience implementing and refining sales collateral
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral presentation
- Ability to carefully manage expectations across constituencies
- Strong organizational and time management skills (understanding deadlines)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Solid decision making and problem solving skills
- Past success in mentoring and building sales and account management organizations that foster long term customer relationships
- Strong sense of "team" with a "get it done" attitude
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment
- Ski industry awareness
- Online travel experience
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Bonus Pool
- Stock Options
- Flexible schedule
- Casual office
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Nice deals on lift tickets!
- Liftopia days!
- Fun, outdoor activity focused culture
- Occasional travel to ski resorts for work purposes
Liftopia is igniting a movement in the ski industry, bringing innovative changes that benefit both mountain resorts and those who love snow. Our technology allows people to book lift tickets and other mountain recreational products months in advance at the best prices for their favorite and new resorts. It helps resorts grow revenue through advance purchase tickets and reach new demographics.
Liftopia is a rapidly-growing, venture-backed company that is already the largest seller of lift tickets online. Our team is the driving force behind our success. We are united by our passion for changing the industry for good and ensuring the success of our product. You belong here if this is something that raises your eyebrows (in a good way). You will join and enhance our already motivated and energetic team. You will be asked to accomplish things you’ve never done before. You will be able to reap the benefits of being able to see tangible results of your effort. You will make a difference.
Liftopia is located in downtown San Francisco close to BART, Muni and CalTrain.
Please, NO OUTSOURCING FIRMS, CONSULTANTS OR RECRUITERS.