Software Engineer at DataXu in Boston, MA
We find our people as innovative as we do our company.
Fun, smart & vibrant people make up our Xu (pronounced "zoo") team! Our collaborative, dynamic & high energy environment makes this the kind of place where people want to work. Our Xu team is looking for additional members:
Software Engineer (Integration Specialist)
DataXu seeks a highly motivated Software Engineer to participate in the engineering of our automated media decision platform for advertisers. This is an incredible opportunity to get into one of most innovative engineering organizations in the digital media space. Ideal candidates will get up to speed quickly and will have a hunger to learn and progress quickly.
- Independently develop to API specifications additional real time inventory (media) sources into the DataXu platform
- Work collaboratively with BD and external partners to accelerate and coordinate integrations
- Work with QA, Release Engineering and Product Management on packaging, deployment and automated builds
- 0-2 years of software development experience or coursework in Java
- Required is a solid working knowledge/foundation in Java multi-threading developed either through extensive coursework or interships/FT positions
- Knowledge of iterative design and release methodologies such as SCRUM or XP
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, object-oriented programming, multi-threading and real-time programming
- Exposure to large-scale systems development projects, in particular client-server architectures and distributed systems
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Passion for building high-quality products
- Strong sense of commitment and responsibility
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with UNIX environments (Linux)
- MS/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
About the Company:
Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices throughout North America and Europe, DataXu (www.dataxu.com)( Voted Advertising Age’s 2011 #5 Best Place to Work & Named "Top Place to Work in 2011" by Boston Globe) is the only multi-channel digital marketing management (DMM) platform offering real time optimization for display, video, and mobile advertisers. With exceptional growth, DataXu is a private, venture backed company with the resources to make a big impact and the agility to lead revolutionary change in both technology and media.
DataXu is leading a revolution in advertising with the first and only machine learning-based Digital Marketing Management (DMM) platform: DX3, which makes impression-level decisions in real time, optimizing the creative, consumer and contextual ad choices to help brands acquire more customers for less money. We’re already recognized as a leader in the Forrester Research December 2011 report: "The Forrester Wave™: Demand-Side Platforms, Q4 2011," in which DataXu is recognized as a Leader with DX3 ranked as the #1 current offering. http://www.dataxu.com/news/press-releases/forrester-wave-report/
Beyond its technology, DataXu has developed a trusted reputation for expertly advising and servicing advertisers and media agencies trying to cross the chasm into a data-driven way of working. DataXu is now expanding those relationships globally.
- Medical & Dental Insurance – 100% company paid deductible
- FSA (Medical, Dependent & Transportation care)
- Onsite dry cleaning service
- Company paid weekly catered lunches
- Innovation Days
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Monthly Employee Recognition Program
- Free snacks and drinks
- Friday socials