Desktop Support / Systems Administrator at Turn in Redwood City, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
In this key and impactful role the successful candidate will provide internally focused support across all business functions for Windows, AppleOS and Linux base platforms.
The team’s mission is to provide/insure high integrity and high availability internal business tools and solutions. Delivery of services will be in both a desktop support and systems administration capacity. The successful candidate will be supporting a high performing and collaborative set of customer groups and be a key contributor to ongoing and accelerated growth. They will be supporting Windows7, Mac OS and Linux installations. Backend support will include MS Server 2008, MS Exchange 2007, Jira, Great Plains and other high impact solutions in a robust and constantly improving environment. Consistent attention to the user desktop, mobile integration and a variety of applications support will be key. Turn has multiple offices, both domestic and global, so coordination of activities and resources across locations will be important. Because Turn is a top 4 provider of SaaS/Cloud base solutions for our external market customers this individual will have a wealth of technical expertise at their disposal, internally and externally.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
- Support our Windows/Mac desktop environment
- Assist in supporting our Windows server environment
- Create new user accounts in AD
- Image workstations/laptops/servers for deployment
- Install/configure various Windows/Mac/Linux workstations
- Assist with the installation of servers and network equipment
- Assist in network configuration
- Set up printers/fax machines/computers
- Assist in maintaining IT inventory tracking system and our stock on hand
- Assist with new user setup
- Work as part of the IT team to resolve Level 1 and 2 support incidents
- Actively monitor and update IT maintained systems
The ideal candidate has/is:
- At least 3 year experience as a Windows, Mac and Linux desktop support professional
Highly self-motivated and team oriented
- Strong Mac OS troubleshooting skills
- Intermediate understanding of:
- Ethernet, IP addressing, DNS
- Windows networking tools
- Windows system tools
- Windows AD tools
- Microsoft Exchange 2007
- Experience with ShoreTel VoIP Phone systems
- Experience with SonicWall firewalls, VPN and access points
- Experience with LifeSize video conferencing products
- Ability to clearly document their work
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to support remote users in varying time zones
Willing and able to:
- Work 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday through Friday
- Learn quickly, work hard and enjoy
- Perform on-call remote support as required
- Work overtime/weekends as required
- Outstanding customer service, time management and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- ACSA (Apple Certified System Administrator)
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.