We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Urban Airship
Not the right job?
Customer Engineer at Urban Airship in Portland, OR
Do you want to be at the front line of hundreds of millions of devices, billions of API requests?
- Work cross-functionally within the organization with the goal of implementing solutions for Urban Airship’s strategic customers and partners
- Work in tandem with the Support Engineers handling partner support cases of an urgent nature.
- Improve and innovate on the tools used to write, deploy, and test a large Django codebase
Skills/Requirements: (The more you have the better. You’ll get to learn too)
- Distributed systems background
- Experience with high volume HTTP services and APIs
- Skills troubleshooting customer issues across complex client to server interactions
- Working in a fast pace, continuous delivery environment
- Experience with high performance Python or Java systems, ideally both
- Solid fundamentals with Linux or Solaris
- Django experience a plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree highly preferred, equivalent experience will also be strongly considered
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong technical and software architecture skills
- Experience working on Java based software, with at least one year of Android or iOS experience
- A good understanding of the unique challenges presented by mobile platforms
- Experience developing mobile applications (WP7, Blackberry, PhoneGap, Cordova, HTML5)
- You have worked with python and have some experience with Django (or are prepared to learn quickly)
- You test your way to success
- Communication is key: you can clearly communicate with product, design, and support; as well as with the engineering teams of our partner companies