UI/UX Designer at Unified in New York, NY
UNIFIED is a well-funded, fast-growing startup that works with some of the most exciting names in the social networking and cloud computing industries, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
UNIFIED is looking for an outstanding User Interface / User Experience Designer to join our Product Management Team. In this role, the UI/UX Designer will work closely with our CTO, VP of Product and our engineers, developers and customers to create a cohesive look, feel and overall user experience for our products. A passion for user-centric design, an eye for detail, and a strong understanding of the design process is essential. The ideal candidate is a brilliant self-starter, problem solver and excellent communicator that possesses authentic passion for great user experience and the ability to achieve it. We need the talented UI/UX Designer to help us continuously innovate and revamp our products to keep us at the very top of the market by applying extensive experience and creativity to this role.
- Mastery of Human-Computer Interaction and expert knowledge of the complete design lifecycle, from storyboards to high-fidelity prototypes
- Thorough understanding of SVNs, Python and Django framework
- Ability to work closely with a cross-functional team that includes engineers and product managers to create simple, easy-to-use software and effective UI solutions that support business requirements
- The ability to quickly grasp highly complex user design issues and convert them into clean, understandable solutions
- Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design and refine user experiences within specified product requirements and deadlines
- Perform usability sessions with key stakeholders and customers to get necessary feedback
- Possess strong core design (visual and interaction) and presentation layer (HTML/CSS) skills to create clean, effective design solutions for complex user tasks
- Maintain and grow a library of design patterns for use in prototyping and specifications
- Solicit user feedback and be able to analyze and integrate feedback
- Ability to work both independently with limited supervision and design collaboratively in groups
Exceptional user interface and design skills and an understanding of user-centered design disciplines and principals
Candidate must be able to flourish in a fast paced, deadline-driven, start-up environment
Understanding of social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc). Experience with one or more of these APIs is a definite plus
Understanding of online advertising and associate technology
A team player!