Senior Systems Engineer at Sittercity Incorporated in Chicago, IL
Senior Systems Engineer at Sittercity
Sittercity is a dynamic, rapidly growing Internet based company located in Chicago, IL. We are seeking a senior systems engineer with the ability to lead the scale out of our technical infrastructure while maintaining rock solid uptime, performance, and security. This position requires a deep level of technical expertise and a proven track record building modern Linux based web infrastructure in both traditional data center and cloud based environments.
• Lead the scaling and security of our hardware and network infrastructure
• Develop and maintain automated infrastructure configuration and deployment tools
• Maintain, develop, and test our backup and disaster recovery systems and procedures
• Define metrics and effectively leverage monitoring solutions to measure performance
• Create and maintain technical procedures and documentation
• Respond to and resolve service issues as they occur
• Support the software engineering and QA teams as needed
• Optimize our code and architecture for scalability and efficiency
• 10+ years of professional systems and network administration experience
• Architectural level experience with Linux, Apache, Varnish, nginx, Ruby, etc.
• Advanced MySQL skills, including performance tuning and replication hierarchies
• Deep knowledge of HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS / BIND, LDAP, SMTP, and Linux Shell
• Experience with automated configuration deployment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven success in web based startup environments
• Deep understanding of IaaS architectures, specifically AWS offerings.
• Interest in DevOps and Continuous Delivery
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science
We operate in a casual and fun environment in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Perks include healthy snacks, weekly lunches, and quarterly outings. In addition, we offer a very competitive benefits package.
Sittercity is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state, or local law.