Developer Support & Evangelist at Sifteo in San Francisco, CA
Sifteo, a venture-backed consumer electronics start-up, is seeking a developer support engineer & evangelist to help our excellent third party developers make great games. We are looking for someone who has proven expertise in building gameplay systems and tools, works well with designers and artists, is passionate about games, participates in the indie game community, and is excited about jumping into a start up environment. You’ll be working with a small team and will be responsible for evangelizing the platform and supporting our developer community. Concretely, that means you’ll build development tools, you’ll be on call to support and push forward games in progress, and you’ll identify and recruit amazing talent to work on our system. We are creating Sifteo cubes: wireless blocks with full color screens that interact with each other and respond to motion to unleash a whole new world of games. Sifteo cubes feature technology spun out of the MIT Media Lab, and have been featured in The New York Times, Wired, Engadget, CNET, and more.
- 2+ years of professional experience as a gameplay programmer, game designer, or similar role
- BS or equivalent in computer science or a related field
- mastery of multiple programming languages, including: C/C++, C#, Python, etc.
- comfortable working in a fast paced, start-up environment in a small team
- love game development, spend all your time with cool game developers, love working with game developers, and know all the latest and greatest going on in the community
- pro-active, detail-oriented, communicative and organized – you take pride in your work
- excited about Sifteo cubes, and ready to work hard with us
- build tools and frameworks for rapid development
- collaborate with producers to ensure great relationships with our third parties
- communicate and follow through with third party developers, providing technical and logistical support
- work with QA to help vet third party games
- orient new developers to our SDK
- help decide which requested features get into the SDK
- evangelize the platform at events and online - make cool videos, participate in live forums, and more
- continue defining your role as we grow
Bonus points for:
- experience with embedded systems programming and other low-level hackery
- analytics and metrics background
- art skills
Why you should work here:
- we’ll trust you to do things right
- you’d be getting in early in a company that has massive potential
- you’ll feel satisfied that you’re creating something that people love
- we are working on something really, truly awesome! Join us!
- salary plus equity
Interested? Apply now!
*The folks at work.io put this paragraph together. It totally captures what we want in our work culture. Thanks work.io for articulating this idea.