Software Engineer in Test at DataXu in Boston, MA
We find our people as inspiring as we do our company.
Fun, smart & vibrant people make up our Xu (pronounced “zoo”) team! Our collaborative, dynamic & high energy environment makes this the kind of place where people want to work. Our Xu team is looking for additional members:
Software Engineer in Test
DataXu seeks highly motivated software and test engineers to drive the development of advanced test automation for our media decision platform for online advertising. This is an opportunity to work on distributed high-performance systems and Big Data analytics in a collaborative team-oriented environment. We value innovative ideas and individuals who want to take ownership of demanding technical challenges.
- Design and implement automated integration and system tests of a highly distributed data analytics system and front-end web user interface.
- Develop reusable tools and libraries for functional and performance testing
- Analyze User Stories and create testing strategies to optimize manual, tool-assisted, and fully automated tests.
- Integrate test with continuous integration build and deployment tools.
- Work closely in engineering Scrum teams to test new functionality, review unit test development and ensure testable interfaces are provided for new features and components
- Collaborate with engineering and technical operation teams on all aspects of product validation
- Evaluate and introduce new technologies, tools, and techniques to improve our software.
- Strong programming skills in Java and testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, or Fitnesse
- Strong experience with SQL (distributed database systems a plus)
- Familiar with source control systems (git, svn), continuous integration tools, and programming in a team environment
- Proven experience writing API or web service tests
- Experience with automated web UI testing using Selenium or similar tools highly desired
- Highly proficient in Unix/Linux environments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment with minimal supervision
- Prior experience in Lean/Agile development environments preferred
- Experience in advertising technology highly desired
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, an Engineering discipline or equivalent relevant job experience
- Not required, but highly desireable: experience with Scala, Hadoop, HBase, Hive
About the Company:
Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco and London, DataXu (www.dataxu.com)( Voted Advertising Age’s 2011 #5 Best Place to Work & Named “Top Place to Work in 2011” by Boston Globe) is the only multi-channel digital marketing management (DMM) platform offering real time optimization for display, video, and mobile advertisers.
DataXu brings to market the industry’s first and only machine learning-based DMM platform: DX3, which makes impression-level decisions in real time, optimizing the creative, consumer and contextual ad choices to help brands acquire more customers for less money. Forrester Research December 2011 report: “The Forrester Wave™: Demand-Side Platforms, Q4 2011,” in which DataXu is recognized as a Leader with DX3 ranked as the #1 current offering. http://www.dataxu.com/news/press-releases/forrester-wave-report/
Beyond its technology, DataXu has developed a trusted reputation for expertly advising and servicing advertisers and media agencies trying to cross the chasm into a data-driven way of working. DataXu is now expanding those relationships globally.
- Medical & Dental Insurance – 100% company paid deductible
- FSA (Medical, Dependent & Transportation care)
- Onsite dry cleaning service
- Company paid weekly catered lunches
- Innovation Days
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Monthly Employee Recognition Program
- Free snacks and drinks
- Friday socials