Account Manager, NY at BuzzFeed in New York, NY
BuzzFeed is looking for a smart, detail-oriented, customer-service focused individual to help manage and support BuzzFeed's advertising operations. We're a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for media that reaches over 80 million monthly unique visitors. You will report directly to the EVP of Business Operations and help ensure that every aspect of a campaign is flawlessly executed. You’re the quarterback from the minute the campaign is signed until it’s delivered and invoiced.
This is a mid level position, well suited to an individual looking to break into the world of internet/media startups with room for growth and advancement. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a dynamic start-up environment, will bring energy and passion to everything they do, and will not be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small. This is a great opportunity for someone to learn the operational ropes of a fast-growing company while making a direct impact on its success and ability to execute. BuzzFeed Social Advertising is taking off and we need someone to help us run and scale as we grow.
This job is based in our NYC offices, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program. Please include a cover letter with your application.
- Serve as the client’s primary point of contact for the campaign - customer satisfaction is priority
- Test, schedule, and traffic ads across BuzzFeed.com and the BuzzFeed Network
- Work closely with BuzzFeed creative and technology teams to manage and launch in-house creative and custom ad products
- Monitor and optimize campaign delivery - work with third parties to resolve discrepancies
- Inventory forecasting and management
- Review new insertion orders - review contract terms, available inventory, and pricing
- Develop a thorough understanding of DFP and become an expert on BuzzFeed ad products and ad specifications
- Adhoc analysis and reporting
- Deliver timely custom campaign reports - PowerPoint/Keynote experience a plus
- Experience with DFP and/or other ad serving platforms
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient with MS Excel
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment, as well as situations of ambiguity and uncertainty - (We're a startup, come up with an approach to solve the challenge rather than just state it.)
- Fill technical gaps with manual processes and spreadsheets
- Demonstrated interest in Technology, Internet and/or Media/Advertising is a plus
- Knowledge of/experience with DSPs, SSPs a definite plus
BuzzFeed is the leading media company for social news and entertainment, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and viral content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. Our technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is rapidly growing and reaches more than 80 million monthly unique visitors. Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously co-founded the Huffington Post. Ben Smith is its Editor-in-Chief, Jon Steinberg is its President & COO and Kenneth Lerer is the Executive Chairman.