Interface Designer at Xamarin in San Francisco, CA
Our mission is to build the best developer tool in the world for mobile devices. For most people on the planet, their first and primary experience with software will be on a mobile device. We want to make their lives better.
Our customers love our software. In a recent customer survey, 90% of paying customers said they would be "very disappointed" if they could no longer use our product.
You can learn a little more about our products here.
Xamarin is looking for a great interface designer with an eye for elegant visual and UX design to help us create the next generation of programmer tools.
Your designs will be front and center, reaching hundreds of thousands of developers, in a myriad of products ranging from websites to code editors and other development tools. Working with Xamarin means you'll have a large variety of new and exciting design challenges - served up daily.
The ideal candidate...
- is passionate about beautiful, elegant, functional user interfaces.
- loves thinking creatively.
- has some experience as a developer; understands what developers want from their tools.
- is able to create beautiful designs and mockups using software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, and others.
- has experience with user testing and experimentation along with UX analytics.
Please share your design portfolio and any public code you've written.
We're open to any location, but prefer San Francisco. We will relocate you to San Francisco from within the US.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Solid stock in a pre-VC startup that's cash-flow-positive after only four months.
- We offer 20 vacation days per year to all employees. We encourage you to actually take it.
- We'll set you up with whatever hardware you need to do your best work. Macbook Airs and 27" iMacs are standard.